The qualifications are first and foremost a heart for the ministry within the local church. This person must possess the qualities of life and practice that demonstrate spiritual maturity. He must desire to use his spiritual gifting in the body life of
the church. This position requires a minimum of a High School diploma with experience to perform light maintenance task, direct contractors and to lead facility support staff and volunteers.
The Facility Manager is a member of the Ministry Operations Team, reporting to the Ministry Operations Director to maintain the facilities, equipment, transportation and grounds; supervise the facility staff and the volunteer maintenance crew; responsible
for overseeing the professional custodial firm; ordering supplies; and for the readiness, cleaning and minor maintenance of our vehicles. The Facility Manager occasionally solicits bids and oversees contractors for work that is generally less than $20K. Our
facilities, transportation and equipment are among our most valuable monetary assets. Being a good steward of what our Lord provided allows us to continue to be effective in our ministry of others in today’s culture. The person entrusted to this position
frees the elder from having to focus on the day-to-day operations of our assets through effective management of others and resources.
- Meets the scriptural requirements of a deacon (1Timothy 3: 8-13).
- Maintains daily devotional life of prayer, Bible study and Scripture memory.
- Stays current with trends of vocation through periodicals and approved local seminars.
- Attends semi-monthly Ministry Operations Team meetings
- Meets weekly with the Ministry Operations Director.
- Participates in a Small Group with spouse.
Mission & Purpose:
To maximize the usefulness of our facilities, equipment and transportation through gifted, empowered servants, operating effective and efficient systems of support with integrity.
- Custodial –. Supervises the paid, volunteer and professional custodial staff that cleans and maintains our facility; set-up and tear-down requirements for regular events, special events and weddings.
- Building Maintenance – Oversight of facility and the preventive maintenance schedule of the equipment. Performs minor maintenance on the building and equipment. Solicits and reviews with the Ministry Operations Director contracts from
contractors for major repairs to the facility and its equipment
- Supplies & Equipment – Requisition of cleaning supplies and equipment. Operation and storage of supplies and equipment.
- Grounds – Establishes and maintains high standards of excellence in grounds care. Recruits, trains and shepherds volunteer grounds team. Contract and oversight of professional grounds contractor.
- Transportation – Maintains a Class B CDL license. Familiar with Federal Motor Carrier regulations and maintain our fleet and drivers in compliance with said regulations. Recruits, trains and shepherds vehicle drivers who support all HCC
Lead Team members and their teams. Schedules maintenance on all church vehicles at the Kent and Renton campuses. Ensures vehicles are properly cleaned out after events and schedules regular power washing of vehicles.
- Budget – Responsible for preparing accounts within the facilities department annual budget and to maintain spending within the budget.
- Security – Responsible for the securing the facility and vehicles.
Salary & Benefits:
Annual Salary – $35-$57,000: Individual or family health plan depending on experience: Vacation/holiday in keeping with Employee Policy Manual