Title: Director of Youth Ministries
Purpose: Provide vision and leadership for 6th through 12th grade students in support of FPCB mission: to meet children, youth and their families where they are and help them to authentically know and walk with Jesus in a healthy
Christian community and in the world.
Supervision: The Director of Youth Ministries shall be under the direct supervision of the Pastor of Evangelism and Outreach, and under the indirect supervision of the Senior. He/She shall be responsible to the Session through its Personnel Committee.
Status: This is a full time, exempt position, with benefits
Evaluation: An annual performance evaluation will be performed by the Pastor of Evangelism and Outreach with the input from the youth elder.
- Leadership: Develop, manage and Oversee youth programs 6th-12th Grades
- Implementing Faith Formation Plan
- Equip the Youth Ministry (part-time) Intern
- Develop Personally and Professionally
1. Leadership: Managing and Overseeing 6th-12th Grades
- Administer and lead, as is appropriate, regular JAM (6th-8th) and Rock (9th-12th) evening and Sunday programs providing for ministry to students that reaches out into the community (wide) and that provides for
students to grow spiritually (deep)
- Build a balanced ministry which includes developing personal relationships with students outside the regular program times on their campuses and in their homes and to be a visible presence in the student community.
- Recruit, train and provide for the spiritual development of adult volunteers to mentor small groups of students and provide leadership for youth events
- Plan and organize special events that will serve as an outreach to youth outside of the FPCB church family.
- Provide regular communication to inform and encourage students and their parents to take part in programs, events and ministries offered by FPCB
- Help provide pastoral care for youth and their families in coordination with the Pastor of Evangelism and Outreach
- Develop youth leaders and strong relationships with college adults.
- Serve as a staff representative to the youth Vision and Support Team of the Session
- Maintain clean youth facilities, including the Youth Lounge, Game Room, and Youth Offices with particular care given to the supervision, use and ongoing stewardship for FPCB equipment
2. Implementing Faith Formation Plan
- Share the Biblical Story at age appropriate levels through the development of a scope and sequence plan for JAM (3 yr. plan) and ROCK (4 yr. plan) for Sunday morning and midweek ministries.
- Provide opportunities for students to be involved in experiences that grow their faith in the areas of worship, mission, service, prayer, and stewardship. Specifically work with key staff members and volunteers to create opportunities for youth to deepen
and strengthen their faith through involvement with the church family in regular attendance in morning worship services, retreats, Bible studies and mission experiences, and special/intergenerational events.
- Provide opportunities for students to be involved in small groups that are mentored by Christian adults.
- Equip parents to nurture their children in the Christian faith.
- Build authentic community through helping families feel connected with one another and with others in the church.
3. Equip the Youth Ministry Intern
- Support the Youth Ministry Intern to succeed at cultivating relationships, running program, and offering administrative assistance when and where needed
4. Develop Personally and Professionally
- Attend FPCB worship services weekly
- Attend conferences and other relevant classes to stay up to date on current ministry trends for youth and their families
- Be aware of and develop a professional network with other youth ministry directors outside the church.
- Other expectations:
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Be supportive of FPCB and the church staff in all contacts with the church membership and the general public.
- Comply with the policies and procedures as noted in the most current FPCB employee handbook.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Approved by Personnel: Pending
Presented to the Session: Pending