Title: Youth Ministries Intern
Purpose: To assist the Youth Director in providing leadership for 6th through 12th grade students in support of FPCB goals including: Christian education, pastoral care, mentoring relationships, fellowship opportunities,
development of student leadership, and worship experiences, leading youth into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and his church.
Supervision: The Youth Ministries Intern shall be under the direct supervision of the Youth Director and under the indirect supervision of the Associate Pastor of Evangelism and Outreach.
Key Roles: Work with the Associate Directors of Youth Ministries:
- Administration- 35%
- Program (Planning, Presence, and Teaching)- 55%
- Mentoring and Coaching- 10%
Status: 15 hours per week.
- i. Assist in the preparation of monthly/quarterly i.newsletters/email
- ii. Write and send cards to students of ministry as requested.
- iii. Update webpage twice per month.
- iv. Update messenger article weekly with up-to-date information.
- i. Keep the youth calendar up to date weekly.
- ii. Keep track of attendance at all youth events. Take pictures at youth events.
- iii. Update bulletin boards monthly.
- i. Be present at all youth events (Sunday morning, JAM midweek, ROCK midweek)
- ii. Participate in one mission trip (LA or Mexico) and summer camp during summer
- i. Consult appropriate resources for activities, themes, ministry integration, etc.
- ii. Create program planning sheet for each event.
- iii. Assist in the organization program logistics (food, transportation, registration, etc.)
- Communicate events to students/parents
- i. With the assistance of youth director, plan and deliver 1 Sunday School teaching
- ii. With the assistance of the High School Director, plan and deliver 1 teaching on the AMOR Mission Trip
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Meet with Youth Directors 1-2 hours per week to talk about personal and spiritual formation and development.
a) Maintain confidentiality at all times,
b) Be supportive of FPCB and the church staff in all contacts with the church membership and the general public.
c) Perform other duties as assigned
d) Comply with the policies and procedures as noted in the most current FPCB employee handbook.
e) Copy with the rules listed on the Youth Leadership Expectations Guidelines