We call our children “World Changers” because we believe that they can and will have an impact on our world, even at a young age. We encourage our kids to walk in the disciplines of the faith, the fruit of the Spirit and the gifts of the Holy Spirit. As they are filled with His truth and walk in His power, we believe that they will take the Gospel wherever God leads them – next door and to the nations.
Our vision is to empower, equip, and activate children to advance the Kingdom of God. It's our heart that they encounter God, follow Him, and lead others to know and follow Him. We believe that this is best achieved within a strong community of teachers, working together to reflect the fullness of the Body of Christ.
We are blessed with gifted, passionate teachers that impart God’s truth in active, effective ways, so that the kids can hear it, see it, say it, and do it. It is an environment where the Holy Spirit is welcome and the children are positioned to encounter God's presence. Our curriculum is broad and rich with the Word, covering the same truths that the adults are learning downstairs, believing that our children can look like Jesus at a young age. We use skits, object lessons and Bible story dramas to make the Word come alive. We challenge the kids to be more than hearers, but doers of the Word, as they pray for each other, share testimonies and apply the truth to their own lives.
- Recruiting and training volunteers, establishing teaching teams and setting the schedule
- Conducting monthly planning meetings and promoting community within the ministry
- Curriculum oversight, lesson preparation and distribution of supplies
- Active and open communication with leaders, parents and visitors
- Leadership development - meeting with team leaders and providing discipleship as needed
- Maintaining order of the facilities, including the supply room and classrooms
- Greeting families on Sunday mornings and overseeing check-in process
- Conducting special events (summer camp, fundraisers, lock-ins, class parties)
- Vision development, vision casting, reevaluation of ministry for sustained and progressing excellence
- Staff meetings, required staff activities; welcoming accountability, authority and counsel by leadership
Desired Characteristics and Qualifications:
- Passion for the Lord and maturity in Christian walk.
- Agreement with the doctrinal beliefs, vision and core values of Acts Church.
- Called to impart God’s truth to this generation; passion and love for children
- Vision for Children’s Ministry that includes current practices, as well as new and innovative ideas, to further the development of the ministry, the volunteers, and the students, as the Lord guides.
- Ability to lead/train adult volunteers, promote community within the ministry and develop teams.
- Ability to administrate, delegate and maintain order of multiple volunteers and duties.
- Active involvement in an Acts Church Lifegroup and Discipleship.
- Experience in Children’s Ministry and church leadership.
More detailed breakdown of job responsibilities available upon request.
How to Apply:
- Submit a Cover Letter and Resume
- Submit four References (At least 2 Ministerial)
- Respond to the following:
- Briefly narrate your salvation experience and describe your spiritual journey since that time. (300-400 words)
- Describe your call to Children’s Ministry and your personal philosophy of what makes a strong ministry. (300-400 words)
Submit information to the church office Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm or by email to David@actswaco.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Director of Children's MinistriesFellowship Bible Church
- Benton, Arkansas
- January 21
Director of Childrens MinistrySt. Luke Church
- Columbus, Georgia
- January 20
Director of Children's MinistriesJourney Community Church
- Camas, Washington
- January 20
Family Life Minister - 1748MinisterSearch
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- January 20
Acts Church is a body of believers embracing a four-fold vision in the pursuit of following Jesus:?? Devotional Life, Discipleship, Evangelism, and The Table. ??Like the first church in Acts 2:42, we believe there is power through living in community with other believers. Acts Church works to cultivate an atmosphere of transparency, prayer, and passion for the Word, which leads to intimacy with the Lord. The call to come and follow Jesus is an open invitation and we believe that those who respond are called to be supernatural ministers of th More...