The Facilities Coordinator will serve The Kirk by assisting the Facilites Director with the care and maintenance of church buildings and grounds and overseeing the efficient preparation of facilities in order to accommodate the varied programs presented
in the church buildings. Provide leadership to and oversight of staff members and volunteers involved in custodial and maintenance activities.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Assist Facilities Director in the oversight and management in the areas of housekeeping, maintenance, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, grounds keeping and security & emergency response.
2. Schedule employess and work using ServiceU software so there is adequate day, evening and weekend coverage; providing emergency "on call" custodial services when necessary.
3. Coordinate with the Kirk staff to ensure proper and timely event setup and tear down. Confirm that all facilities are clean, sanitary, orderly, and safe conditions exist throughout the church.
4. Maintain regular custodial duties as assigned by Facilities Director.
5. Assist in the maintenance of essential records pertaining to vendors, equipment, materials, supplies, project status, staff/congregant training and OSHA regulations and on-site chemical safety data sheets.
6. Maintain adequate inventory of cleaning products, kitchen supplies and spare parts, purchasing supplies as needed.
7. Correct routine problems; recommend corrective action for major maintenance needs.
8. Assist in performing basic maintenance and repairs on building and building systems and vehicles such as preventive maintenance for heating and air conditioning systems, basic repair to plumbing and electrical systems, and ensure that roofs, rain gutters,
drains, doors and windows are well-maintained.
9. Assist in maintenance of grounds and equipment ensuring that parking lots, grounds and sidewalks are clean and well-maintained.
10. Assist Facilities Director with scheduling and coordinating major cleaning projects (stripping floors, carpets, windows, walls) with other staff members so that they or their programs are not inconvenienced.
11. Attend regular staff meetings as scheduled.
12. Cooperate with the Facilities Director by performing any other duties as requested.
13. Preferred hours 12:00-8:30pm Monday-Wednesday, Friday and 7:00-3:30pm Sunday. Flexibility is required.
14. Duties will be allocated between Kirk of the Hills and Kirk Crossing campuses as determined by Facilities Director.
- Training in methodology of facility housekeeping and maintenance or equivalent experience
- Must be familiar with general maintenance operation and must possess adequate leadership and communication skills, literacy, computer knowledge and physical ability to conduct the same
- Capable of planning, conducting, supervising, and evaluating a program of facility and equipment maintenance
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with facility management
- Some college preferred
- A well-grounded faith in Jesus Christ and theological beliefs, policies and practices compatible with Kirk of the Hills Presbyterian Church
- An active member of a local church