The Mid High Minister will serve Kirk of the Hills by developing, coordinating and administering an effective and comprehensive ministry to oversee the Christ-centered spiritual direction and programming for students in grades 7-9.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Supervise the mid high youth ministry program including worship, education, spiritual development, evangelism, missions, fellowship and support of families of youth.
2. Recruit leaders for mid high small groups and special events (e.g. mission trips)
3. Work with the Student Ministries Director and leaders in planning, scheduling and developing youth activities and curriculum. Create a Student Ministries calendar covering an entire year including Wednesday night programming, Service/Mission programs
and youth worship.
4. Work with Student Ministries Director and Executive Director in preparing the annual budget for the Mid High Student Ministies and work within the established budget for the calendar year.
5. Plan, manage, and attend mid high fellowship programs , small groups, retreats, mission opportunities and special events.
6. Weekly contact with students by visiting with them at school and/or extra-curricular activities.
7. Recruit and manage volunteers for Mid High Youth Ministries.
8. Visit and evaluate current mid high programs to evaluate effectiveness.
9. Access FellowshipOne database for: reports, including online registrations, class rosters, account activity and data entry and updates of student/family activities.
10. Provide Communications Director with information to be posted on the website, bulletins and other church-wide publications.
11. Administetr the work of Student Ministries by encouraging teamwork and mutual support and providing leadership and nurture to staff members who work in the department.
12. Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizaing related programs, managing the use of facilities, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly.
13. Attend staff meetings and retreats. Weekend and evening hours may be required.
14. Cooperate with Student Ministries Director by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
A well-grounded faith in Jesus Christ and theological beliefs, policies and practices compatible with Kirk of the Hills Presbyterian Church
Bachelors degree or higher
Demonstrate a love for youth and an ability to relate with them
Willing and able to delegate responsibility and ministry to others called to work alongside in various programs
Able to work effectively with both adults (parents, volunteers) and youth
Willing to become a member of The Kirk
Good organization skills and the ability to multi-task