Who we are:
The motto of our church declares our passion as Christians in the 21st century...
To Know Him and Make Him Known. We are a non-denominational, Bible-based church, therefore there are four things you can count on when worshiping with us:
Strong emphasis on worshiping the Lord. -- ECC loves to worship! We have a blended style of music enabling us to sing the great new praise and worship choruses and the great hymns of the faith.??
Strong Bible-centered preaching and teaching. -- We believe that the Bible is God’s Inspired Word and is applicable for our lives today!
Love and Acceptance. -- The Bible says we are all "saved by grace" and God has told us to love and be patient with one another.
Holy Living and Practical Sanctification – The Bible calls us to live transformative lives in which we seek to be more Christ-like in our thoughts, actions and love of God.
We are a multicultural congregation that fluctuates in size from 75-100 each Sunday. Our energy moving forward will be on growing our congregation to fill our church and “make a joyful noise unto the Lord”.
What we seek:
In seeking a Senior Pastor we are looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- Strong intimate relationship with Christ. We believe that it is out of one’s personal practice of spiritual disciplines and study of God’s word that spiritual leadership emerges.
- A desire for growing the church. Our ideal candidate will have a vision, the drive and innovative ideas as to how we can grow the church both spiritually and numerically. We recognize that all true growth will be driven by a dynamic prayer effort on
the part of the congregation.
- A visionary leader whose vision will continue to articulate and build upon why we exist as a church, to build lives that honour God. We are a church that has traditionally had a heart for evangelism; a church where the non-Christian can hear a clear Gospel
presentation. We are an open, multicultural and inclusive congregation that is deeply committed to seeing people come to experience God’s love through Jesus Christ and to grow to full maturity in Him.
- An effective communicator. We are looking for a leader that “delivers inspiring, challenging and annointed sermons for life change.” The ideal candidate will root his messages in God’s word in order to inspire and encourage in a way that touches the seeker
as well as the mature believer.
- A builder of relationships. Our ideal candidate enjoys people -- being with them, supporting them and empowering them.
- A passion for learning. We seek a candidate with a master’s degree from an accredited Bible college or seminary who also believes strongly in lifelong learning.
A full compensation package will be presented to candidates who are called. The package will include: income, use of the parsonage, vacation, insurance, etc.
Where we are:
The City of Stamford, Connecticut is a diverse city with a population of approximately 125,000 people that is in the heart of Fairfield County. It has a shoreline with three public beaches and marinas on Long Island Sound, while the north part of Stamford
is heavily wooded. The downtown area is alive with art, cultural events, restaurants, and people. It is a wonderful place to enjoy parks, fitness centers, museums, and a multi-cultural population. It is 45 minutes from NYC. Living near the downtown area also
means that you have access to a college campus, a library, trains, buses, taxis. There are two major highways - I 95, New England Thruway and the Merritt Parkway. The majority of the population is educated and professional, yet there is a diverse population
with restaurants to serve many ethnic palates. It is a great city to live in!