About Heritage Christian Center
Heritage Christian Center is a diverse, multi-cultural community of believers, located in Aurora, Colorado.
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, training, and scheduling a team of volunteers to implement the Kid’s Town experience on Sunday morning. This team might include teachers, worship “cheerleaders”, skit performers, and audio/visual
techs. While the curriculum will have already been chosen, they will need to review and refine the curriculum to make it age/ class appropriate, then train the team to teach in a clear and fun way. Additionally, they will serve as an advocate for and organize
their classroom spaces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Recruits, develops, and schedules a Sunday morning and Tuesday night team
- Leads their team in making sure they are enforcing standards of safety fun and Biblical truth.
- Develops a team that is well trained and excited about fulfilling their role
- Communicates weekly with the team to make sure that all spots are filled with a caring team member
- Plays an active role on the large group team.
2. Review and refine the curriculum to make it age/class appropriate
- Review the chosen curriculum to make sure that the activities are age appropriate.
- Gather and prepare needed materials
- Communicating with the team the game plan
3. Advocate for and organize the Kids Town classroom
- Inspect and report dangers, mess, outdated/broken toys, missing materials
- Keep clean of trash and mess, support and follow organization plan
- Make requests for purchase of new supplies/toys
- Implement new ways to make the classroom a fun and inviting space
4. Execute additional assignments as they arrive
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Keep regular weekly office hours plus Sunday’s and Tuesday nights.
- Supply support and Kids Town availability for Special Events outside of regular church hours.
- High School Diploma
- Proficient computer skills in Apple Software & Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly developed verbal, written and telephone communication skills with the ability to act on both a professional and personal level with people. Operates well independently with minimal direction/supervision, as well as within a team. Multi-tasking ability
and attention to detail is essential
- Ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Proficient in technology including check-in systems, audio/visual equipment, and typical office environment applications
- Primary language must be English, fluent Spanish as secondary language a plus
2. Preferred Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience in ministry with children
- Proven experience in building effective teams
- Proven experience leading large teams of volunteers
1. Additional projects and responsibilities may be necessary as requested by the Executive or Senior Pastor.
2. Job descriptions at HCC are fluid - meaning this job description represents the minimum expectations when it comes to tasks and areas you may be working in. The reality is that we work as a team and there are numerous other tasks that will require the
participation of the person holding this position.
Personal & Spiritual Growth
1. Essential Qualities
- Two words: PASSION and FUN. This person must have a contagious passion for discipling children and the development of families. This person must also have a sense of humor and a strong desire to “enjoy the journey”
- “Kid Magnet” – this person must naturally be drawn to and have the attention of children
- Enthusiasm and joy – a naturally “bright” face and smile
- Emotional and relational intelligence
- Loyalty and dedication to Heritage Christian Center’s Multi-Cultural environment and mission, values and leadership
- Spiritually mature Christian with consistent and long-term track record of Christ-like behavior
- Collaborative team leader who naturally motivates and encourages others