Position: Associate Pastor -Youth Ministry
Reports: Lead Pastor
Salary: $41,000 - 45,000 (+benefits/housing allowance)
About Us: Peninsula Bible Fellowship seeks to be a church of grace and truth
in the heart of Kitsap County. Our mission: We Welcome people to Christ,
We Develop disciples for Christ, and We Send people to declare the gospel of Christ. We value
the centrality of Christ, the centrality of the gospel, an ethic of love, an outward-focused perspective, intergenerational ministry, spiritual development, authenticity and excellence. We serve in the 7th most unchurched metropolitan area in the
We seek an Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry who is passionate about
- His relationship with Jesus Christ
- Jr. High and High School student spiritual development & outreach
- Having fun
Job Experience & Qualifications
Ability to Preach/Teach/Equip/Disciple
Convey biblical teaching in a simple and accessible manner to students
Be able to preach to parents and adults at Sunday worship gatherings
Help students to know and take ownership of their faith
Equip students to welcome all students, disciple their friends, discern their vocational calling and to go where God leads
Equip parents to have spiritually rich conversations with students
Create a twice-weekly experiential learning environment that successfully engages
High School/Jr. High students.
1 Part-time (20 hrs) staff
25+ Volunteer Staff
11 Discipleship Groups ( D-Groups Sunday AM)
Annual Camps, Missions Trips & Quarterly Welcoming Outreach Events (100+ participants)
Manage an Annual Youth Budget
Record and Document Expenses
Make regular reports to the elder board regarding youth ministry.
Conduct Annual Missions Fundraising Experience
Currently a Youth Dinner Auction
Facilitate Student Leadership Team
Discern, employ and promote leadership gifts in Peninsula Bible Youth Ministries
Encourage Student Participation in the Peninsula Bible Fellowship Body
We value student integration into the larger body and want to create an environment they feel valued and known by all ages and stages in our church.
Continue Management of Youth Worship Team Development
The youth ministry worship team is currently student led and populated.
Work with Associate Pastor of Children and Families to create seamless transition and empower family ministry
All of the above responsibilities represent our current youth ministry structure but know that we desire an Associate Pastor that doesn’t just want to facilitate existing programming but one who desires to lead, cultivate and enrich
us and our youth, according to the gifts and talents God has given you.
- Called to Youth Ministry
- Team Oriented
- Servant Heart
- Conservative evangelical understanding of the gospel
- Casual/Authentic Approach
- Desires and fosters a clique-less youth environment
- Values students no matter what context they come from. Our ideal person will be able to minister to any student that God brings in to our midst, regardless of their style, preferences, etc.
- Willingness to not just lead but engage and participate in student ministry while commanding respect and leadership.
B.A. required (M.A. preferred)
Please forward your resume with three references in a Word Document or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. In a separate attached Word or PDF document please answer each of the following questions in 1500 words or less.
- What is your statement of faith?
- Write how you would share the gospel to a somewhat socially awkward 9th grade student in the skater scene who has asked you the question, “So what is the church all about anyways?”
- How would you deal with an angry parent who calls you on the morning after youth group because their student learned something of a sexual nature last night. They were not ready for their child to be exposed to those kinds of ideas yet, and they are aghast
that such things were discussed between students at a church youth group!
Please also attach a video You-Tube or Vimeo (preferred) or Audio link example of your current preaching or teaching style.
Please visit our website for more information about our church: