The Ridge Residency Program is an eleven-month, full-time internship in ministry designed to move you towards your life and calling. This program is for those who desire to explore or take their next step in a call to ministry. Residencies are designed
to provide the training and experience needed to seek future ministry employment.
A residency provides hands-on work experience, featuring life-changing training, mentorship and discipleship from seasoned leaders. It is a chance to gain experience for your future and establish your life in the love and knowledge of Jesus.
A Missions Ministry resident will participate in every aspect of the ministry as a part of the staff team. The resident will assist and participate in all of the following and more:
- Mobilizer missions among children, student and young adult population at the Ridge
- Research and engage the immigrant community in Austin
- Work with current cross-cultural relationships and ministries as representative of the church
- Assist with the development of small group studies and individual discipleship
- Lead outreach and mission trip experiences
- Help further develop policy and procedures for the Ridge Missions Department
- Research best practices of churches around the country
- Work with Ridge Mission leaders to finalize a ministry plan, policies and handbook
- Research and connect with other mission opportunities and agencies
- Research sending, training and support agencies helpful for mobilized Ridge people
- Work with missions leadership to research new outreach opportunities based on vision direction
- Participate in at least one global mission trip.
We are currently seeking two qualified individuals to work in our missions department.
The Ridge Residency program is designed ideally (but not exclusively) for recent college or seminary graduates.
For more information on this residency and our residency program, visit ridgeresidency.org. To apply, please fill out our online registration at ridgeresidency.org/#/apply.