The Senior High Youth Pastor is responsible for the spiritual growth of high school students at Maple Grove Evangelical Free Church (MGEFC). This spiritual growth will come about through biblical teaching, small groups, service projects, leadership development and personal relationships. The Senior High Youth Pastor will partner with parents so as to equip them to make disciples of their teens. This person will also recruit, train, motivate and provide care to high school lay leaders who will lead and work with the high school students.
While this position is predominately responsible for current high school students, the Senior High Youth Pastor will also work closely with the Junior High and Children’s Directors to provide a consistent and excellent approach to ministry from birth through High School.
High School (70%)
- Inspire and encourage parents as they actively participate in the spiritual formation of their child.
- Engage with parents relationally by meeting with them regularly.
- Develop a process to partner with parents in order to assist them as they seek to make disciples of their teens
- Establish inviting rapport and relationship with parents as wise counsel in parenting matters.
- Plan for and deliver upfront teaching and worship gatherings.
- Develop Small Group plans that enhance spiritual growth and student relationships.
- Lead students into missional life by giving them opportunities to serve (Service Projects, Ministry Opportunities in and outside the church, peer to peer evangelism - provide opportunities to invite friends)
- Recruit, train, motivate, supervise, and provide care to student leaders
- Seek to develop student leaders.
- Lead Missions Trips as appropriate
- Recruit, train, motivate, supervise, and provide care to adult leaders
- Evaluate and assess the current high school ministry of MGEFC
- Develop a strategy for recruiting and retaining volunteers.
- Develop a training and development program for all volunteers.
- Create a culture with the volunteers that shares knowledge and encourages nonstop learning.
- Ensure that every student has the best small group experience possible.
Family Ministry Collaboration (10%)
- Work closely with Junior High Ministry Director to ensure consistency of curriculum and a smooth transition of students from Junior High to High School ministry.
- Work closely with Junior High Ministry Director and Children’s Ministry Director to benchmark best practices for family ministry and implement changes as appropriate.
- Coordinate with Junior High Ministry Director and Children’s Ministry Director events that affect “families” with children of all ages such as seminars, conferences, etc.
- Partner with Junior High Director to actively develop relationships with Junior High Students.
- Promote leadership development of high school students through their serving in Junior High and Children’s Ministries.
- With the Junior High Director and Children’s Director, plan consistent family events and environments to work as a catalyst for meaningful spiritual interaction at home.
- Ensure curriculum and resources are designed so core truths can be taught at home and at church in a synchronized effort.
Ministerial Duties (20%)
- Serve generally as a pastor and ministry staff teammate at MGEFC with regular pastoral duties (weddings, funerals, hospital visitation, counseling, etc.) (as appropriate or assigned)
- Participate in worship services including occasional teaching as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Pastor or Senior Pastor
- Must have a personal relationship and be a committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Must agree with the doctrinal statement of MGEFC
- Must regard the Bible as the authoritative guide for life and faith
Job Skills & Requirements
- Able to cast and implement a high school ministry vision that supports the Mission, Vision and Values of MGEFC
- Agree with the doctrinal statement of MGEFC
- Able to manage and lead lay staff and students
- Able to collaborate with Junior High Director and Children’s Director so as to bring a coordinated approach to “family ministry”.
- Possess gifts of leadership, teaching and administration.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Highly relational in working with leaders and volunteers.
- Communicate effectively with children, adults, ministry staff, the congregation, and non-believers in the community.
- Courage and willingness to initiate growth in high school ministries.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and supervise adult leaders.
- Manage multiple ministries, events, and issues concurrently.
- Interpret and use Scripture accurately.
- 5 Years Youth Ministry experience preferred
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Maple Grove Evangelical Free Church
MGEFC is a multiple-generational congregation that attracts people of all ages from young families to empty nesters. We consistently receive feedback from visitors and church members regarding our strong family dynamic. Our vision is "To connect as family, grow in faith, and share hope with our world". We have adopted a two style worship service format, The Current and Remix.More...