The Bridge was planted in Ottumwa in 2007 with a vision to help rebuild, repair, and restore our community. We intentionally designed our weekend services to be a place where unchurched people love to attend. We are a staff that loves Jesus, enjoys working
hard, working together, and doing stuff outside of the box.
• Saved People Serve People
• Found People Find People
• Grace Compels Generosity
• We Journey Together
• Faith is Moving Forward
We are looking for a person who is not only sold out to the mission to which God has called The Bridge Church, but is also passionate about helping kids meet Jesus on their level. Our goal is to make Bridge Kids the best hour of every kid’s week. We do this
by creating fun environments, equipping volunteers to relationally connect, and making the message of Jesus clear to each age group. Knowing we have a limited amount of time with each child, we have focused in on 3 basic faith skills for each age group.
Nursery: Hearing Bible Stories, Being Prayed Over, Knowing: God Made Me, God Loves Me, Jesus Wants To Be My Friend Forever.
Preschool: Learning Bible Stories, Participating in Prayer, Knowing, “I Need Jesus.”
Elementary: Navigating the Bible, Praying Out Loud, Time Alone With God The following is a more detailed description of how the Children’s Ministry Leader carries out this vision.
1. Leadership of Volunteer Teams: Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who, in turn, influence the children. Responsible for creating for creating an environment that recruits, develops and empowers
children’s ministry leaders:
• Communicating clear vision and wins for volunteer teams on a regular basis.
• Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
• Overseeing systems for background checks, safety and security procedures, scheduling, training and care of volunteers.
• Leading VIP and other volunteer meetings.
• Championing the children’s ministry leadership development strategy.
• Providing centralized efforts for training leaders (tools, resources, etc.)
• Providing volunteer teams with current children’s ministry best practices.
• Ensuring that the children’s ministry team answers questions and provides remarkable “customer service” to parents and kids on a consistent basis.
• Providing feedback to team members.
• Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure that new kids and their families are plugged in to The Bridge.
• Managing budget forecasts and expenses.
2. Oversight and Execution of Weekend Environments: Responsible for creating programs that provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for children:
• Providing insight and direction for big picture programming and creative planning processes that align with the vision of The Bridge.
• Selecting relevant curriculum, props, and games for weekend experiences.
• Ensuring that check-in areas, ministry spaces and signage are clear, current and focused on new kids and their families.
• Producing various types of communication about the children’s ministry at The Bridge in partnership with the Media & Communications Leader when needed (including videos, weekly scripts and lessons, printed promotion, verbal announcements, web page information,
• Creating and maintaining a safe environment for kids at The Bridge.
3. Oversight and Execution of Small Groups: Constructs practical onramps and systems to help kids move from visiting to belonging and growing:
• Developing a systematic and effective effort to integrate kid’s small groups into weekend environments.
• Overseeing information and tracking of small group participants and leaders.
• Actively encourage small group leaders to connect with families and kids during the week.
• Offering small group leaders curriculum, coaching materials and creative approaches to small group ministry.
• Implementing a strategy to equip parents to help their kids take their next steps toward Christ.