This rewarding position provides an exciting opportunity to reach and disciple students, making an eternal impact in their lives. Trinity is a large and impactful church in the South Bend area. The South Bend region provides the opportunity for a high
quality of life combined with a lower than average cost of living.
To apply for this position, first carefully and prayerfully read through the requirements and qualifications below, and please send a cover letter, resume, and statement of philosophy of youth and young
adult ministry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, any video or audio of preaching and teaching to youth is helpful and advantageous to submit. Due to the volume of applications submitted,
we will only be in further contact with candidates for whom there is a potential match and a next step in the process.
JOB TITLE: Pastor of Student Ministries
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
PURPOSE: The Pastor of Student Ministries exists, in keeping with the advancement of the Trinity church mission and vision, to teach, shepherd and pray for the junior and senior high students of Trinity Evangelical Free
Church toward their coming alive to and growing in Jesus Christ.
The Pastor of Student Ministries will be responsible to:
- Serve as the face, primary teacher, and overall leader of Trinity’s UNITED student ministries (junior and senior high) as well as the “quality control manager” of its doctrine, teaching, vision, mission and strategy.
- Leading a personal and public ministry of the Word and prayer towards the youth of Trinity and in outreach to the community.
- In coordination with the Lead Pastor, and in the context of the church vision and mission, developing, casting and executing a vision for student ministry at Trinity for the evangelization and discipleship of the next generation.
- Oversee all programs and events, in the context of Trinity’s Come – Connect - Contribute ministry framework, for students, seeking to involve every student whose family regularly attends Trinity in those programs (inreach) while seeking to reach
students outside of Trinity (outreach).
- Lead and work with leaders and volunteers to plan, execute and evaluate student programs, events, retreats and trips.
- Shepherd students through significant events of their lives – placing faith in Jesus Christ, baptism, sharing their faith, significant personal or family crises, graduation, and preparation for college/post-high school life.
- Resource and partner with parents in their responsibility to raise their students into adulthood and spiritual maturity.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and evaluate volunteer leaders in the fulfillment of all these responsibilities.
- Identify, develop, update and execute processes and documentation that advance student ministry and provide a safe, winsome, compelling and biblically strong environment for students and volunteers.
- Where desired and budgeted, supervise one of more student ministry interns (from Bethel College and/or other schools) to assist in the fulfillment of all these responsibilities.
- Ensure and oversee timely and quality communication to parents and students regarding Student Ministry programs and events.
- Develop and oversee the Student Ministry budget.
- If/as needed, serve as Host Pastor for the Sunday Crosswalk (contemporary) service, including announcements, pastoral prayer, and assisting in the recruiting of volunteers and/or paid staff.
- Serve in other pastoral and staff responsibilities as directed by the Lead Pastor, which may include periodic Sunday fill-in preaching as needed.
Personal and Ministry Qualities
- Mature, vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- A high energy, organized and visionary leader who loves God and loves junior and senior high students
- Passionately desires to see students come alive to and grow in Christ
- A disciple maker who seeks to go deep with students in God’s Word and compellingly apply its truths to their lives
- Devoted to those students already in the ministry while also reaching out evangelistically to those on the outside
- A charismatic leader who has rapport with and gains the respect of students
- A credible leader who has the respect and trust of parents
- A pastor’s heart that seeks to minister to students individually where they are at, and cares for the health of the whole family
- Desires to integrate students into the life of the church overall, not just the student ministry “world.”
- Desires to grow the ministry both spiritually and numerically
- A teachable heart toward continued development in life and ministry
- Ability to lead and develop leaders
- An interest, willingness and ability to develop and oversee a future young adults ministry, as the Lord leads/enables, as part of continued church outreach to families and under-45 years adults
- A bachelor’s degree (required). Emphasis/degree in Bible, theology or youth ministries (highly preferred)
- Masters degree (in theology, ministry, MDiv, or ThM) preferred
- Demonstrated track record of fruitful youth ministry in a local church context
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Agreement with the Evangelical Free Church of America Statement of Faith
HOURS PER WEEK: 40+