JOURNEY Kids Pastor
Journey Church is a 5 year young church located in the heart of Bend, Oregon. The Kid’s Ministry at Journey Church is an integral part of what we do as a whole body, not a separate ministry. At Journey Church we regularly strive to create an engaging, creative, fun, and safe kids ministry, one that both parents and kids will experience the impact of the Gospel in their lives on a very profound, life-transforming level.
We are currently searching for a pastor to lead Journey Kids. If this is something that you feel called to, and if you meet the qualifications and expectations laid out in the job description below, please apply! Please thoroughly investigate Journey Church’s mission, vision, and values, on our website (journeyinbend.com).
- Meet the Deacon qualifications laid out in 1Timothy 3:1-7
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college
- 2 +Years of Ministry experience in Children’s Ministry
Skills & Expectations
- Should always exhibit professionalism demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, willingness and ability to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances with composure and flexibility.
- Should have a love for children, relate to children, and have compassion for all age children.
- Should be conscious of the need for confidentiality in certain circumstances.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Can lead, develop and communicate clearly to volunteers and other staff
- Endorse and support the local church and her mission, as well as the ministries of the worldwide work of the church
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community
- Learn our Church Management Software and become proficient enough to train volunteers
- Works well with others
- Be a member of Journey Church, or become a member within 6 months of hire
- Place a high value on Family and build strong families at Journey Church
- Oversight and direction of the Journey Kids ministry
- Recruiting, training, and maintaining ministry volunteers
- Scheduling all volunteers each week
- Preparation and oversight of curriculum for all ages
- Maintaining a ministry budget
- Giving vision and direction to the Kid’s ministry that supports the vision of Journey Church
- Creating an environment for Journey Kids that builds momentum and excitement
- Planning for and running the children's ministry during events
- Shepherding and leading volunteers and parents, as well as children in their spiritual walk
- Planning and facilitating outreach that builds upon and helps the direction of the rest of the church
• As a pastor at Journey Church you must align not only theologically, but philosophically with our church. As a pastor of Journey Church you would be expected to support and build upon the philosophy of ministry that we hold to.
• The main function of this position is the Children's Ministry, however, there will be additional staff responsibilities assigned upon hire.These responsibilities may depend on your gifting as well as church needs.
- Maintaining Journey Kids section of the website and social media updates.
Hours, Pay, and Benefits
- Pay is commensurate based on experience (this could be a part-time or full-time position).
- Health Insurance, retirement, and other benefits are available upon completion of licensing through our conference (www.pacificecna.org).
- Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out an application on the “jobs” link at: journeyinbend.com
- Be patient as we seek the right person for this role.
- Pray with us that God leads you and us in seeking to glorify Him.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children and Family Ministry DirectorSt Luke Lutheran Church
- Gahanna, Ohio
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorMt. Olive UMC
- marion, Indiana
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorKempsville Presbyterian Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- January 16
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Children's DirectorGreater Mt Zion Baptist Church
- Austin, Texas
- January 13
Journey Church is a 5 year young church located in the heart of Bend. The Kid’s Ministry at Journey church is a part of what we do as a whole, not a separate ministry. We are currently looking for a pastor to lead Journey Kids. At Journey Church we want our kid’s ministry to be so engaging, fun, and safe that both parents and kids will have the Gospel impact their lives. If that is something that you feel called to, and if you think you meet the qualifications and expectations laid out in this job description, please apply! Pleas More...