Oak Pointe Church is a growing multisite church in the metro Detroit area of over 3,000 people that is seeking a Worship Pastor for their Middle School ministry, the ROCK. The position involves the regular leading of worship as well as the oversight of
programming elements for the ROCK. This position also involves the leading of worship for weekend services, per the request of the Worship Arts Pastor.
We are looking for someone who has a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrates the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, as well as exhibits a desire to live in relationship with those in and outside the church. We also want the
applicant to exhibit a Servant’s spirit and Christian character in the areas of integrity, dependability and perseverance. Our desire is that this person would also be an innovative, self starter, team builder, strong in verbal and written communication,
a team player, proactive, detail oriented, and able to multitask.
Some responsibilities would include:
- Responsible for the ROCK's (student ministry) creative content and programming (weekly programs, camps, retreats, events)
- Regularly leads worship for the ROCK (conceptualizing, developing and executing the worship music for student ministry services).
- Lead worship in Novi (first campus) once a month and join in creative brainstorming for weekend services per the request of the Worship Arts Pastor and receive ongoing coaching/mentoring from the Worship Arts Pastor.
- To be a student of the current trends in the Creative Arts for Worship and Programming, modeling this passion in order to inspire others.
- Connects student ministry creative arts to the greater Oak Pointe Church creative arts (developing creative talent from within the student ministry, researching and implementing current music/creative elements/programming processes).
- Lead Worship at Milford (second campus) once a month.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail Rick Barry at email@example.com with your resume and include a video of you leading worship.