Grace Bible Church is praying for someone who has the heart of a Pastor and a vibrant relationship with Jesus who will partner with us and lead us in this next season of ministry through Worship ministries.
The Worship pastor is responsible for the Worship & Creative Arts Ministries at Grace Bible Church. This person will be the leader and mentor to musicians, vocalists and all other creative arts staff and volunteers including drama, video, sound and lighting.
They will plan and lead worship for contemporary services and oversee the planning of worship for the traditional service which includes a choir. The Worship Pastor reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
Regular Duties include:
Primary Worship Leader and Musician
- Plan, organize, and lead/oversee multiple worship service experiences.
- Assist with planning of new services and experiences including different formats and forms of musical and creative expression ranging from choirs, instrumentalists, solo artists, dramas and other art forms.
Worship Service Leadership for the Contemporary Service
- Foster a culture of vibrant, authentic and relevant worship among the younger generations.
- Plan and lead the worship services including music, sound, audiovisual, lighting, staging, and technical teams involved with worship.
- Responsible for developing the order of worship, song selection and/or special music and other creative elements in coordination with the teaching pastor for the service.
- Work and practice with instrumentalists, vocalists and technical teams.
Develop all Worship & Creative Arts Teams
- Recruit, train, encourage and ensure the spiritual care of all worship teams.
- Develop and disciple a team of assistants to lead various ministries.
- Work with the pastoral team and creative arts teams to integrate the various creative elements into a cohesive message that creates an inviting, worshipful atmosphere in which people can meet with God.
- Ensure that team websites are current and accurate.
Leading Special Programs
- Assist with special programs, some for outreach, such as seasonal programs, e.g. Christmas and Easter, or other fine arts productions in the community.
- Partner with the Student Ministries to develop meaningful worship teams for junior high and high school students.
Oversee Related Ministries Leaders/Directors
- Supervise an Administrative Assistant
- Supervise music group leaders such as for Adult choir, Children's choir, orchestra leaders, drama teams and ensembles.
- Ensure communication and coordination between the Worship & Creative Arts and the Technical teams for sound, audio, visual, and lighting systems.
- Supervise maintenance and acquisition of music and musical equipment.
- Participate in overall duties as part of pastoral team including weekly staff meetings.
- Manage budgets for worship and creative arts.
- Graduate of College/Seminary with music and/or worship training
- Five years minimum worship pastor/director experience or three years at a large church
- This person must be able to support the EFCA Statement of Faith.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume and links of your worship/service leading to email@example.com