Village Church is a dynamic and healthy church of approximately 900 people. The church is located in Dyer, Indiana, a semi-rural community that is now considered a suburb of Chicago. Village Church’s 140 years have been lived out in three separate
stages of location and ministry. Our current ministry period began in February 2008 with our move from South Holland, Illinois to Dyer, Indiana.
The Worship Director at Village Church is responsible for overseeing all aspects of our Worship Ministries. While he will regularly plan and lead our Contemporary Worship Services, he will also work with our Traditional Service Worship Leaders
and oversee all aspects of the technical side of this ministry.
General Qualifications for the Worship Director:
• A committed follower of Christ, growing in his faith, emulating a love and passion for God, and continually modeling a life of worship in both his private and professional life.
• Committed to a team ministry as he works with the Senior Pastor in planning services, working alongside other staff members in the overall needs of our church, and as part of our entire church family reaching our community with the gospel
• A skilled musician, able to lead contemporary worship with a guitar. (Leading from a piano or keyboard would be considered.)
• Possesses knowledge of significant hymns that are worthy of remaining in the literacy of the church and able to adapt them to contemporary worship.
• Possesses a good understanding of worship presentation programs.
• Has a strong understanding of the technical (sound, video, lighting…) aspects, equipment ministry, and programming software necessary for guiding a Worship Ministry.
• A visionary problem solver who can assist our leadership team in planning for our future church growth.
• Possesses a teachable spirit and a servant’s heart, which may call for fulfilling duties not normally associated with Worship, as needed and directed by the leadership of Village Church.
• Is a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Has a stage presence and personality which draws and inspires those who serve in his ministry team and the congregation at large.
• Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Worship Ministries desired.
• At least two years of experience leading worship and working with volunteers in a church environment.
• Holds theological, philosophical, and relational compatibility with Village Church and the Evangelical Free Church of America.
• Agrees with the Leadership structure of Village Church as defined in the Constitution and By-Laws of Village Church.
Overall Responsibilities of the Worship Director:
-Coordinate weekly order of service & monthly music selection with the Senior Pastor for all services
-Attend weekly Staff Meetings
-Coordinate worship planning with our Traditional Service Worship Leaders
-Oversee the scheduling of all Contemporary Ministry Musicians and Praise Team Singers
-Lead or coordinate Worship Team practices
-Prepare music notebooks
-Coordinate with Tech Team for all services
-Prepare platform for worship services
-Assist staff and congregation in other undefined areas as needed
-Report all music selections to CCLI (Christian Copyright Licensing
-Meet with Tech Team workers for general discussion and training purposes.
-Planning holiday services for Good Friday, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
-Other music or tech issues as needed
-Develop, lead, and coordinate new worship leaders for Worship Services
-Recruit new participants (instrumentalists, praise team singers, etc.)
-Schedule special music (solos, groups, etc.)
-Design creative worship elements
As Needed Responsibilities:
-Prepare announcement slides for worship services
-Organize and develop Concert Series Events
-Assist in the music needs of weddings and funeral services
-Assist in the planning and purchase of audio/video ministry development for current and future ministry needs
Please email your resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also request that you attach an
electronic submission of, or a link to, a video that will display your worship service