To Whom It May Concern:
Torrent Church in Prescott, WI is currently looking for a full time point leader as they seek to take the next step in their progress as a vibrant witness to the mission of God in the St. Croix Valley.
Torrent was launched in March of 2013 and has made a name for itself in Prescott. They have engaged the community in a number of noteworthy ways, having adopted a missional approach to ministry. While their style is distinct, their model has been influenced by 3DM (weare3dm.com).
Prescott is a city of 4,200 with Torrent (Torrentchurch.com) being the lone evangelical church. Prescott is currently experiencing an influx of building and development, including a 300,000 square foot distribution center, an office building, a new high school and a grocery store. There are 300+ jobs that will result, so we believe that opportunity to impact will continue to grow. We believe Prescott’s future is good and Torrent wants to make it even better.
Torrent currently averages 50 adult worshippers on a Sunday morning most of whom also participate in Missional Communities and Huddles as well. While Torrent values their Sunday gatherings they see their most important expressions of faith taking place the other six days of the week. They are particularly energized as they engage the community of Prescott.
The planter of Torrent stepped down July of 2014 for personal reasons with the support of the body. Tom Nebel (tompnebel.com) is currently serving as Torrent’s interim pastor. In addition to a part time paid Creative Arts Director, Torrent has a functioning volunteer staff of four who have adjusted their lives to the mission and form a solid nucleus.
The profile of Torrent’s next leader should be consistent with those of a church planter, as the church is in its earliest days and is not yet fully established as an autonomous fellowship. This leader can confidently expect to build off of a solid foundation with a faithful and competent leadership team. Given the current financial position of this new church, this opportunity calls for cooperative and creative funding options, which could include some personal support raising for a defined period of time.
Because Torrent does not have its own elders the group currently is under the authority of Faith Community Church of Hudson (fcchudson.com). Faith Community and Torrent are part of a local network known as the St. Croix Valley LEAD Team and Converge Great Lakes (convergegreatlakes.org). These relationships help in providing coaching and support until the time when Torrent becomes an autonomous body. At that time Faith Community will gladly relinquish any semblance of control as together we seek to advance Christ’s kingdom locally, regionally and globally.
Average Sunday a.m. attendance: 50
Affiliation: Converge World Wide (http://www.convergeworldwide.org)
Church location: 23 miles southeast of St. Paul, MN
Position: Lead Pastor
Type: Full Time
Resumes received: Through February 28, 2015
Education: Preferred Bible college/seminary training
Torrent’s mission is to Meet People, Make Disciples and Multiply Churches All Over The Place. The point leader will equip and empower Torrent Leadership in further defining, developing and driving the mission of Torrent. He will meet the pastoral qualifications described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:7-9.
- Pursue ongoing depth in understanding and embracing the life that is in Jesus Christ
- Ensure that Scripture is faithfully communicated to and by the people of Torrent
- Ensure that the mission, vision and values of Torrent are reflected in all ministry endeavors
- Oversee the development and execution of a missional disciple making process
- Ensure sound financial and administrative practices exist and our carried out
- Train and develop existing and new leaders at Torrent
- Oversee Torrent gatherings in collaboration with the Worship Leader
- Develop a team of elders to lead Torrent as an autonomous body
- Partner with the St. Croix Valley LEAD Team for the purposes of disciple making locally and globally
- Preferred Bible college/seminary training
- The profile of this leader should be consistent with a planter.
- Three years of full time ministry experience
- Full agreement with the Converge World Wide Affirmation of Faith (http://www.convergeworldwide.org/about/values/affirmation-faith)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorBethel Baptist Church
- Newell, Iowa
- December 4
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Gallatin, Missouri
- December 1
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Senior PastorCollege Baptist Church
- Hillsdale, Michigan
- November 30