|The vision and mission of Westside for reaching and teaching the next generation generation|
| Target Group: Men, women and children under the age of forty currently not attending any Church.
Goals: Reach and teach all people under forty, including Millennials, Mosaics, Gen X and Gen Y.
Draw those under forty to Christ and to the Church
Provide relevant Bible teaching/learning
Build a sense of community
Process: Belong > Build an atmosphere of invitation/acceptance
Believe > Build an atmosphere of hope/salvation
Become > Build an atmosphere of nurturing
Profile of an Associate Pastor
The Millenials Planting Pastor will be:
Job description for Millinneals Planting Pastor
- BA degree or higher required; preferably in missions/outreach.
- Prefer 2+ years of experience in church ministry.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate ability to understand and relate to people under forty.
- Recruiting, motivating, and equipping volunteer leaders.
- Communication skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in current technology and social media.
- Organizational skills.
- Problem solving and willingness to resolve conflict.
- Operate in a team environment.
- Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership.
Responsibilities (this is a working list and may be adjusted at any time by your supervisor or church board).
- Responsible for carrying out a ministry to reach and teach those under forty.
- Develop an outreach program to those under forty.
- Develop an effective social media ministry..
- Consult with and contribute to the music ministry, Bible Life groups (Sunday school), KC4U (Wednesday night kids club), and youth group.
Under Forties Process Summary
The above outline describes the expectations and duties of the Millinneals Planting Pastor we plan to eventually hire to lead in ministry to those under forty years old.
A summary of the vision, mission and purpose of reaching those under forty with the Gospel of Jesus follows:
Westside members and attendees will be encouraged to actively assist the Millenials Planting Pastor in every way possible. Inviting people to Christ and the church, and adjusting activities and ministries to accommodate the people being added to the Church are some examples of expected support for the Planting Pastor.
The Millinnials Pastor contracted by Westside Church will be expected to bring de-churched and un-churched individuals and families from the community to Christ and into Westside Church, with the specific target group being those under forty. He will then direct the Westside Church family in discipling them to become mature Christ-followers.
The Belong, Believe, Become motto will be followed and used to evaluate the ministries and progress of the mission.
The current Westside members and attendees will continue to be ministered to by the Lead Pastor and Programs already in place; these will only be adjusted when necessary and appropriate.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Director of Family Life CenterReynoldsburg United Methodist Church
- Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- January 12
Campus Pastor (171703)Private Profile
- Northeast US, Pennsylvania
- January 11
Director of Community LifeCrossPoint Church
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- January 10
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- January 3