Redeemer Presbyterian Church is a gospel centered and intentionally diverse church in Encinitas, CA built on the belief that the gospel renews everything. Our vision is to saturate North County San Diego and beyond with the gospel so it leads to renewal
in our lives, church and communities.
The Student Ministry Director is responsible for leading, overseeing and developing all aspects of Redeemer's student ministry (7th - 12th grade) in order to encourage the junior and high school students to experience and embrace the Gospel of Jesus to the
point where they are inviting others to join them.
- Oversee the Student Sunday Service that meets 3 times a month including teaching a large group message twice a month
- Oversee weekly small groups and special weekend events
- Plan and coordinate annual winter retreat and summer camp
- Lead the student ministry team with encouragement and support
- Recruit, lead, and build relationships with staff and volunteers
- Meet regularly with staff and volunteers for training and encouragement
- Foster relationships with students and connect with their families
- Keep students contact list current and follow up with new students
- Communicate regularly with families and students via email and social media
- Develop and disciple a student leadership team
- Work with pastoral staff to equip parents with recommended resources for parenting, family worship and discipleship.
- Coordinate with other ministry leaders to incorporate the student ministry into Redeemer at large.
- Encourage students to serve within the church (special events, Sunday school)
- Active participation of student ministry in missions/mercy projects
- Responsible for budget and allocations of funds to different needs of ministry
- Meet regularly with the supervising pastor for encouragement , accountability and to report any concerns
- Continue to learn and develop skills and understanding of student ministry through reading, conferences, etc.
- Committed to renew own heart in grace through regular Sunday morning worship and be an active part of a community group
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, degree in ministry or theological training a plus
- Prior experience working with students and leading a team.
TO APPLY: Submit resume, cover letter and complete online application form available at