Are you ready to jump on board with an amazing, friendly staff and lead worship with some of the best people around?
Through the leadership of our pastor, Jim Jackson, our church is exploding and we have been recognized as one of the fastest growing churches in the western U.S. As of now we are looking for a part-time, Sunday morning worship leader that may have
the option of expanding to full-time in the future. We are band-led mostly in the style of Hillsong/Crowder/Tomlin and would prefer a worship leader who leads vocally on acoustic/electric guitar.
Because we have outgrown our current property, we set up at a Middle School and have 2 services and practice as a band before the first service along with practicing individually throughout the week once the songs are chosen by the worship leader.
ATTENTION: If you are flaky, unorganized, unreliable, looking to be a rock-star, cannot take direction, lack humility, do not feel called to be a long-term worship leader and do not have good references from churches you have led in, do
not apply for this position.
HOWEVER: If you want to serve Jesus through serving His church by leading them in song as they worship God, love to get out of the way and facilitate worship from the stage, are gifted vocally and musically, love to stay on top of new music,
can write your own songs, will clean a toilet or mow the lawn if asked, then you might be right man so apply.
The Worship Leader is a spiritual and organizational leader who oversees the worship ministries of the Orchard Christian Fellowship. Oversight of the worship ministry includes but is not limited to:
- Leading music during our weekend worship services
- Leading worship during other events: funerals, large group meetings, retreats, etc. as needed.
- Eliciting active participation in worship from the congregation
- Recruiting and developing volunteers sufficient to roster the bands required to meet the church’s various musical needs
- Implementation of The Orchard Christian Fellowship’s vision, mission, and strategy in the worship area
- Selecting and arranging the music for events at The Orchard, with a particular emphasis on weekend services
- Performing the administrative tasks that facilitate management of a large number of volunteers through Planning Center
- Sourcing and teaching new material
- Other projects, assignments, and responsibilities as requested by the Lead Pastor or Executive Pastor.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians in a band setting.
- Sense a calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and ability to clearly articulate that calling to others.
- Track record of success as a team builder.
- Proficiency in playing guitar with the ability to lead while playing.
- Experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers.
- Minimum of 2 years of worship leadership experience in a medium to large size church or qualified worship degree with experience.
- Must live a commutable distance to Temecula, CA.
- Become a member of the Orchard and make us your church home and the ministry a priority.
- Has a humble, teachable spirit and is not a performer of music but a leader of worship .
- Strong relational skills and an enthusiastic presence while leading worship.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship.
- Ability to work with Chord Charts, Sheet music, and Guitar Tabs.
- The ability to administer the tasks required to manage a large group of volunteers and multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- Commitment to ongoing personal & professional growth.
- Fully support the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of The Orchard Christian Fellowship.
- Must have strong vocal skills.
DO NOT APPLY ON THIS WEBSITE. If you would like to apply please send your resume, philosophy of ministry and video of you leading worship to