Fenton United Methodist Church is seeking experienced applicants for the position of
Youth Ministry Director. Qualified applicants will be able to develop and deliver an exciting, creative, dynamic and coordinated year-around youth ministry program which:
- Loves youth where they are in our church and our community;
- Encourages youth in developing their relationship to God;
- Provides them with opportunities for nurture and growth;
- Challenges them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world; and
- Involves and supports families and parents.
The Youth Ministry Director will:
- Provide vision, planning, coordination, leadership and oversight for all youth spiritual, educational and fellowship programming in a fun, open and inviting setting.
- Be a positive role model and mentor for the youth and develop meaningful relationships which deepens and enhances their faith journey.
- Develop and implement a plan for outreach to non-FUMC youth in our community, and encourage our FUMC youth to own and help implement this plan.
- Identify changes in youth culture and needs, and recommend and implement appropriate changes in worship and activities.
- Communicate with the youth and their families through publications, mailings, newsletters, social media, etc.
- Recruit, train, coach, equip, and work closely with the adult volunteers and youth leaders.
Qualified applicants will have an educational background (bachelor's degree in youth ministry or equivalent is desirable) and proven experience in youth's Christian development, education and ministry, and a passion for working with youth and their families.
Additional qualifications include excellent interpersonal and communication skills, experience in building successful teams, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Qualified applicants will have a strong and personal commitment to Jesus Christ and be supportive of the polity, theology and practice of the United Methodist Church. Fenton United Methodist Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We reserve the right
to consider the religious faith of applicants for positions directly involved in the Christian programs and ministries of the Church.
This is a full-time salaried exempt position. The salary range for this position is $35,000 - 40,000 commensurate with experience.
The Employment Application form and Youth Ministry Director job description are available by contacting the church office at email@example.com or 810-629-2132. Email a completed Application Form, along with a résumé and cover letter marked "Youth
Ministry Director Position" to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Fenton United Methodist Church, 119 S. Leroy Street, Fenton, MI 48430.
The application deadline is February 23, 2015.