Grace Fellowship Church of Waterloo, Iowa is a family of believers with an active, living, growing faith in God through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We exist to glorify God through worship, discipleship, service and mission. We are seeking a full-time
Associate Pastor of Worship and Youth ministries.
Worship Ministry (approximately 30%)
- Oversee all musical, technical, administrative, and creative elements related to the worship ministry. Work with the Lead Pastor and Worship Oversight Team to plan the corporate worship gatherings.
- Lead the musical portion of the corporate worship gatherings.
- Lead, organize and equip the vocal, instrumental and other creative teams for the corporate worship gatherings.
- Maintain a repertoire of contemporary and multi-generational songs that encourage full audience participation. Intentionally introduce new songs into the repertoire, taking care to teach them to the congregation.
Youth and Family Ministry (approximately 60%)
- Lead and coordinate the various youth activities for grades 6 - 12. These include regularly scheduled Sunday morning and Wednesday evening Bible studies, local and distant mission trips, camps, retreats and special events.
- Provide leadership training for youth and adults working with youth. Recruit and train additional adults to work with youth.
- Build relationshps with youth and parents by spending time with them in their environment – recreational activities, sporting events, musicals, plays, etc.
- Strive to involve youth in mission and outreach opportunities.
- Provide oversight to the Children’s Ministry
Other Ministry Opportunities (approximately 10%)
- Fill the pulpit and assume other pastoral responsibilities as needed in the Lead Pastor’s absence
- Serve as a member of the elder board.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be a man of mature Christian character whose life reflects the characteristics of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Subscribe to Grace Fellowship Church’s Statement of Faith found at: http://www.gfcwloo.org/statement_of_faith.php
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in music and/or youth ministry. A seminary degree is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in leading worship or youth and in recruiting, training and motivating volunteers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills to manage the day-to-day operations of ministries with numerous volunteers, as well as plan and organize events and activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with groups of volunteers, staff, ministry leaders and church members in a highly visible ministry and create an atmosphere of team building and shared purpose.
- Flexible, humble, teachable, personable spirit that is willing to work with a team to accomplish ministry goals.
- Strong working knowledge of contemporary worship music as well as familiarity with traditional hymns.
- Ability to play guitar and/or keyboard. Ability to read and arrange music a plus.
- General computer skills. Experience working with MS Office (to include PowerPoint) or equivalent software. Experience with presentation software a plus.
Contact Information: Interested persons should send a resume to Scott Blakesley at firstname.lastname@example.org.