DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
Birth through Grade 5 (full time position, salaried)
LOCATION: Perry Hall, Maryland
REPORTS TO: Director of Church Ministries
MEMBERSHIP STATUS: This position requires membership at Perry Hall Baptist Church
COMPENSATION: Pay commensurate with experience. This is a full time position.
The Director of Children’s Ministry (DCM) is responsible for the leadership, development and implementation of a high quality children’s ministry. The DCM will encourage and equip children and their families in developing a biblical worldview and personal
relationship with Christ.
CHURCH BACKGROUND AND GOALS:
PHBC has grown to an average Sunday attendance of 450 adults and 100 children, with 125 children participating in Wednesday evening activities (Kids Club).
The primary goal of this position is to lead an already strong and growing children’s ministry to the next level. The DCM will work closely with the full time Student Pastor who currently disciples120 middle and high school students.
- Maintain and communicate a strong passion for ministry to children and their families with an unrelenting desire to see them grow in their faith
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and positive relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers
- Demonstrate reliability, flexibility, trustworthiness, and initiative
- Proven expertise in communication, organization, and collaboration
- Ability to be a creative and innovative change agent
- Profession of faith aligned to the beliefs of PHBC
- Willing to relocate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ Degree required
- Proven experience and expertise in developing a medium to large sized children’s ministry
EXAMPLES OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and communicate a vision for the ministry
- Lead and manage all current and future programs and activities associated with the children’s ministry, including Sunday School, Kids Clubs, and special family events
- Ability to understand and stay current on issues related to safety and security
- Recruit, train, develop, and coordinate volunteers
- Participate in staff meetings
- Prepare and manage children’s ministry budget
- Have knowledge of and be able to operate basic computer programs
- Ability to work with other forms of media, including video and social media platforms