Chambersburg First Church of God is currently seeking a part time worship leader to oversee worship in its United Worship Experience. United is a edgy, ultra contemporary worship venue that meets every Sunday morning in Chambersburg First Church of God's
Multi purpose room.
This position would work in conjunction with the United Lead Pastor to coordinate each Sunday experience providing excellent worship leading our congregation of 400+ as they worship Jesus.
To get a glimpse of our United Worship Experience, check out- http://bit.ly/UWEVideo
Chambersburg First Church of God
United Worship Experience Worship Leader
(This is a 15hr Part time position)
Basic Function: The United Worship Experience Worship Leader will oversee, coordinate and direct the worship that takes place in the United Worship Experience. The Leader will have the faith, energy, passion, knowledge and giftedness to
lead the congregation into the presence of God in a multi-service environment.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him
- A staff member who strives to live in such a way as to bring the utmost respect in representing the church
- A deep commitment to and love for the local church and a commitment to the United Worship Experience
- Agreement with the CFCOG Statement of Faith, ministry vision, and core values
- A routine financial supporter through regular tithes and offerings
- Recruit, develop and train new leaders and band participants
- Promote the health and spirit of the teams with regular personal connection and encouragement
- Build and expand the teams and their range of talents by recruiting, engaging, auditioning and onboarding new talent
- Manage energetic and talented team members with an ability to resolve conflicts in a Christ-like, yet decisive manner
- Coordinate Sunday’s Experience
- Scheduling of worship volunteers for all experiences
- Inputing media necessary for all experiences
- Plan, organize and lead all aspects of the weekend worship services, and special services, in coordination with the appropriate staff members and ministry teams.
- Plan all worship services in coordination with the United Worship Pastor
- Collaborate with the Production Coordinator to develop all media, lighting and audio aspects for the worship service
- Manage weekly rehearsals and ensure all worship arts elements are of high quality and that all worship teams are fully prepared for the weekend worship services.
- Participate in weekly creative meetings with the United’s Lead Pastor, Production Coordinator and United Volunteer Experience Producer.
- Demonstrated skill to play an instrument as worship leader or accompanist. Prefer an individual with advanced skill level on guitar and/or keyboard.
- Good interpersonal skills that reach across generational barriers in order to provide a ministry of worship and participation for all ages.
- Strong vocal skills. Solo level vocal skills preferred.
- Good understanding and skills with regard to multiple means of communication, including texting, email, social media and planning center.
- Possesses a general knowledge of the aspects of live production, including audio, lighting, video, multimedia, music and staging
- 2 years experience on a worship team
- An understanding of music theory
- Thrives with a team environment, including Pastoral staff, Elders, and Worship
and Creative Arts teams
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership of congregational worship, including a
warm, encouraging, reverent and energetic presence in the leadership of corporate worship
- This position will report to the United Lead Pastor
- The performance of the responsibilities will be evaluated by the United Lead Pastor
To apply for this position please foward resume with photo along with the answers to the following questions to Kevin@cfcog.cc
- What is your experience with music theory?
- Describe your salvation experience and your current walk with Jesus.
Applicants will be notified of application reception and of a decision within one month. No phone calls please.