Union Baptist Church, located at the junction of I -91 & I -93 in the town of Waterford, VT, traces its biblical roots back to 1870 in the neighboring village of St. Johnsbury, VT. The 11.8 acres of land purchased in 1987 contains the present worship-ministry
complex completed debt free to the praise of God. Over the past 50+ years the Lord has placed 5 senior pastors to minister at UBC. The current pastor of 15+ years is seeking to retire.
Offering a contemporary worship style with solid Bible teaching, UBC provides a two-department nursery, Sunday Bible classes for all ages, small groups, prayer groups, teen ministry, multiple care and local ministries as well as a thriving
The Senior Pastor of Union Baptist Church is responsible for providing the senior leadership and oversight of the church. With God’s help, he will serve to lead the church forward in fulfilling God’s purpose. He is expected to contribute to the team spirit
of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer support and other appropriate ways, as he serves his Lord Jesus Christ.
The compensation package will be established by the Elders and Finance Committee and approved and reviewed each year by the Elders. Time will be given for spiritual growth opportunities in workshops and/or leadership conferences.
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in local church ministry.
- Training in Biblical studies is expected.
- Experience in leadership, administration, and expository Bible teaching.
- Labor in prayer: to lead the church in being a praying church, call for corporate prayer times and prayer and fasting times, to see that prayer is made for all people and places. 1 Pet. 4:7; Acts 6:4; Gal.4:19; Col. 4:12, 13
- Labor in the Word of God as the primary preacher with love, faithfulness, impartiality and fearfulness, knowing that he will be held accountable for the welfare of the flock (Heb. 13:17). Acts 6:2, 4; 1 Tim. 5:17
- See that Bible teaching is a primary function of the church.
- Promote evangelism by being involved with unsaved people intentionally so as to set an example and by promoting and encouraging church members to be reaching out to the unsaved. 2 Tim. 4:5
- Equip and encourage the members to serve. Eph. 4:11, 12
- Serve as an Elder on the Elder Board and lead the Elders. Acts 20:28
- Be an example to the flock. Phil. 3:17; 1 Tim. 4:12; 1 Pet.5:3
- Oversee the church offices and pastoral staff.
- Serve the people in their needs, including, but not restricted to, conflicts, loss, sickness, old age, and death. Mark 10:42-45, Col. 3:15
- Administer communion, perform baptisms and baby dedications, conduct weddings and funerals.
Cover letters and resumes may be submitted through this website.
Your cover letter should include these two items:
1. a statement as to why you are interested in this specific job
2. how to view and/or listen to recent sermons.
For more information about our church, please visit our website:
Do not contact us. We will contact you.