PACIFIC CROSSROADS CHURCH
LEADERSHIP POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Director of Community Groups
Reports to: Drew Sokol, Pastor of Community Groups
Date Prepared: December 15, 2014
The position requires a highly motivated, relational, and caring individual to to support the Pastor of Community Groups in supporting and equipping Community Group (CG) Leaders and Coaches and ensuring the health and growth of Pacific Crossroads’ Community
Groups. This position will be responsible for recruitment and training of new leaders and will assist in the designing and writing of curriculum for Community Groups. It is key that this position have a passion for pursuing people, developing leaders, and
building true and vibrant community in an urban environment.
- Lead, train, and support current Community Group leaders, ensuring they are known, cared for, and equipped personally and spiritually; build authentic relationships to help support them as leaders of the church.
- Lead, train, and support Community Group coaches (who oversee 5-12 CG leaders) to ensure they are known, cared for, and equipped. Provide support as needed for any challenges CG coaches are facing, both spiritually as well as within the groups they oversee.
- Assist the Pastor of Community Groups in recruiting new CG leaders and coaches. Proactively develop relationships with church members, identifying quality leaders to shepherd current and new Community Groups.
- Through attendance at weekly CGs, constantly gain a pulse of communities in order to coach leaders and coaches and ensure continual growth in groups.
- Partner with the Pastor of Community Groups to develop new leader training and curriculum, including new content, implementation of training, and follow up support, ensuring new and current leaders are fully equipped to know and care for their groups and
feel supported by church staff.
- Support in leading basic and advanced CG leader training sessions.
- Participate in weekly Community meetings, weekly staff meetings, and be able to meet all administrative needs of the position.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible Study, prayer, and meditation.
- Maintain proper priorities in your home and neighborhood.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
Required Skills and Experience
- Align with the vision and mission of Pacific Crossroads Church (please visit our website pacificcrossroads.org to learn more and ensure you are aligned with us before applying).
- A minimum of 4-7 years of experience in leadership identification and development, preferably in a ministry setting. Previous coaching and counseling experience is a plus.
- College degree required. Theological degree from an accredited seminary or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Outgoing with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for building relationships and investing in people in order to develop them as leaders.
- A passion for building purposeful community in an urban setting.
- Experience working as part of a small team (must have an all-hands on deck attitude and be willing to go the extra mile to support teammates).
- Ability to be organized and manage multiple needs at one time.
- This position will consist of a Sunday – Thursday work schedule. Sunday will consist of attending 3 Sunday services (two in Santa Monica, one in downtown LA[DS1] ) and proactively meeting our congregation and developing relationships.
- Required to work some nights and weekends, in order to accommodate leaders and coaches schedules.
In your cover letter, answer the following question in 250 words or less: "If you were starting your own Community Group, what would your vision for that group be?"