Full Time Media Director
Church Staff - Media/Technology/Production
Denomination: United Methodist
Church Size: 1500 - 2000
Job Types: Full-Time (40 hours)
The Media Director serves the vision of Matthews United Methodist Church: Through Jesus Christ, we will transform the world, one life at a time. The Media Director will lead all production needs, as well as offer assistance and advice in the planning and
execution of all production media for both of our worship venues. This role includes the spiritual formation and oversight of production team volunteers. This position reports to the Director of Music & Worship Arts.
The Media Director (MD) will serve as primary FOH and provide technical oversight of production and resources. The MD will be responsible for leading the vision in developing a new media production team and production suite including the purchase of new
equipment. The MD will oversee video content (original or acquired) for worship, special events and church-wide communications. The MD should have knowledge and experience in mixing live sound, video production/editing and production lighting. We seek a person
who will work to build and strengthen a team of volunteers while being committed to producing high quality worship experiences through sound, video and lighting in a multi-venue church. This person should be comfortable in the production manager role and be
a team builder, bringing creative and
technical excellence to the on-stage and backstage elements of a multi-venue, multi-style environment.
In collaboration with the Communications Director, the MD will provide oversight of capturing the life and events of Matthews UMC to tell our story through new media. This role requires a strong ability to lead and participate on multiple teams, and manage
many short and long term creative projects. Matthews United Methodist Church is an established church located in southeast Charlotte who values multiple expressions of worship and is pioneering new territory in a mainline denomination with the launch of a
modern on-site worship venue.
• A high level expertise in: sound reinforcement, lighting, video display, video production, broadcast technology
• The ability to develop, mentor, equip, grow and lead ministry teams
• Participate and contribute to weekly planning and production follow-through
• A passion for expressing Biblical truth in innovative ways
• A creative eye for composition when developing new media, including photography and video
• Spontaneity in producing creative media
• Demonstrated ability to make wise decisions troubleshooting and problem solving during live production
• Manage and maintain weekly production resources and church-wide media equipment
• Highly detailed and organized
If interested in learning more, please contact Peter Leo, Director of Music & Worship Arts, at
email@example.com or apply online at matthewsumc.org.