Redeemer Presbyterian Church is a gospel centered and intentionally diverse church in Encinitas, CA built on the belief that the gospel renews everything. Our vision is to saturate North County San Diego and beyond with the gospel so it leads to renewal
in our lives, church and communities.
Our Redeemer Kids ministry's purpose is to cultivate a gospel-changed community that will love our children and apply the teaching of God's Word to their hearts. We strive to work in partnership with parents to focus on children's hearts. It is our prayer
that each child grows to worship God, serve others and follow Jesus.
The Children's Ministry Director is responsible for leading, overseeing, and developing all aspects of children’s ministry (birth to 6th grade), including staff, volunteers, programming, curriculum, and special events in order to bring children
to Christ by providing gospel centered teaching, cultivating community and focusing on the heart.
Provide Gospel Centered Teaching
1. Oversee the Biblical content
- Ensure curriculum is faithful to our church's doctrine, theological vision and philosophy of children's ministry
- Evaluate effectiveness of curriculum periodically
2. Train and equip teachers to communicate biblical truths to children
- Provide teachers with basic classroom management skills and periodically observe classrooms.
- Provide an understanding of the scope and sequence of the curriculum
- Equip teachers to see and teach the Bible from a Gospel Centered perspective
- Communicate to parents each unit’s main focus
3. Utilize special events to teach, disciple and reach children in our church and community
- VBS, Kid's Night Out, Easter & Christmas programs, etc.
Cultivate a Loving Community
1. Foster relationships with children and connect with their families
- Keep children's contact list current
- Follow up with new families
2. Lead children's ministry team with encouragement and support
- Recruit, lead, and build relationships with staff and volunteers
- Meet regularly with staff and volunteers for training and encouragement
3. Communicate with pastors and other ministries to carry out church vision
- Meet regularly with the supervising pastor for encouragement, accountability and to report any concerns
- Collaborate with other ministry leaders to reach out to others through missions/mercy projects
4. Provide resources for parents
- Work with pastoral staff in developing a system to equip parents with recommended resources for parenting, family worship and discipleship
5. Ensure all safety procedures are being followed by both parents and teachers/leaders
- Process all child worker and volunteer applications and background checks
6. Monitor classrooms
- Periodically observe classrooms, children-teacher interactions, etc.
7. Oversee special events (VBS, Kid's Night Out, Easter Eggstravaganza, Jingle Jam etc)
- Plan and develop programs that will reach out to community
- Lead committee meetings consisting of children’s staff and parents/volunteers
- Recruit and train volunteers prior to event
8. Responsible for budget and allocations of funds to different needs of ministry
Focus on the Heart
- Commit to renew own heart in grace through regular Sunday morning worship and be an active part of a community group
- Pray regularly for team and the children of our church
- Continue to learn and develop skills and understanding of children's ministry through reading, conferences, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, degree in education or ministry a plus
- Prior experience leading in children's ministry
TO APPLY: Submit resume, cover letter and complete the online application form available at