The mission of our church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ. The ministry of the Director of Children’s Ministry shall be consistent with the principles of the Holy Bible, and the philosophies of the United Methodist Church as outlined in the Book of
Discipline. The Director of Children’s Ministry shall work under the guidance of the Staff Pastor Parish Relations Committee and report directly to the Pastor of Discipleship and Families.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee the children's ministry programming for preschool and elementary aged children, which includes Sunday morning Large Group/Small Group formats (using the Orange strategy), mid-week ministries, VBS, and other special events (Presentation of Third
Grade Bibles, 5th Sunday Family Worship, Family Fun Night, Family Advent Workshop, Easter Egg Hunt, and other events as planned).
- Build a relationship with children and their families with the intention of partnering with parents in the spiritual growth of their children.
- Work with the Family Ministry/Grow Team to plan, develop, promote, and carry out the ministry to children and families.
- Develop and empower volunteer staff to plan and carry out ministry to children and families.
- Oversee the purchasing, preparation, and distribution of curriculum and supplies for the children’s ministry.
- Oversee the budget for the children’s ministry.
- Administer BFUMC’s Safe Sanctuaries Policy for the children’s ministry.
- Communicate regularly with the Pastor of Discipleship and Families.
- Attend Staff Meetings as required.
- Growing as a disciple of Jesus Christ
- Demonstrate a passion for ministry with children and their families.
- Friendly, self-motivated, and practice a team approach for ministry
- Understand child development – how children learn at different ages.
- Effective relational, administrative, communication, technological, and organizational skills.
This job description may occasionally be updated at the discretion of the Senior Pastor and/or the Staff Pastor Parish Relations Committee (SPPRC).