First Protestant Church (www.firstprotestant.com) is a historic congregation that has been shining the light of the gospel in the beautiful hill country town of New Braunfels, Texas ever since 1845.
Now we’re praying for an energetic, imaginative person who is passionate about Jesus Christ to join our ministry team with their heart set on engaging our next generation of children (and their families) with the life-changing message that God loves them
and sent Jesus to invite them into His Kingdom.
The Director of Children’s Ministry will:
- Support and promote the ministry vision of First Protestant Church as expressed by the Senior Minister and Church Council
- Oversee weekly Children’s Ministry opportunities each Sunday, including Sunday School and Kids’ Church
- Communicate regularly with the congregation and community about the Children’s Ministry
- Plan for special Children’s Ministry events throughout the year, such as:
Palm Sunday Walk / Workshop Fall Kick-Off
Vacation Bible School Advent Workshop
Summer Sizzle (fall retreat) Christmas Pageant
- Creatively investigate new opportunities to introduce children and families to Jesus
- Coordinate with the Director of Youth Ministry for shared events and helping students transition into the Youth Ministry
- Be responsible for overseeing the Children’s Ministry budget
- Recruit and manage adult volunteers
- Attend FPC staff meetings and retreats as needed
- Complete other tasks as assigned by Associate Minister
- A genuine commitment to Jesus Christ demonstrated through life and testimony
- A passionate desire to introduce children to Jesus and guide them toward growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (ministry, education, etc.)
- Organizational and administrative abilities
- 2+ years of local church children’s ministry experience (with references)
This is a full-time position (32+ hours/week). The annual salary is $30,000 and the church’s budget for children’s ministry is $8,000 annually.
For more information, or to apply for this exciting children’s ministry position, please send a letter of interest and resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.