APPLY HERE: https://mppc.simplicant.com/jobs/17840-student-ministries-worship-leader/detail
- This staff member is responsible for the worship experience of our Middle School and High School ministries on Sundays and for contributing to the overall worship culture of MPPC.
- Lead worship at Rock, SNL and other SM events as needed (5 hrs./week)
- Lead rehearsals that develop and disciple student musicians (5 hrs./week)
- Participate in meetings collaborating with the MS and HS staff on Sunday program, ministry and events. (4 hrs./week)
- Planning and administrative work including: (3 hrs./week)
- Arrange worship charts for Rock and SNL.
- Manage Rock and SNL’s planning Center and CCLI activities.
- Print music and prepare scripts for services.
- Lead worship in other MPPC venues on a semi-regular basis (3 hrs./week)
- DESIRED PERSONALITY TRAITS: Servant heart
- GIFTS, TALENTS, ABILITIES: Strong vocal and instrumental musical abilities, able to direct a band
- EDUCATION & SKILLS: Bachelor of Arts/Science in music or equivalent preferred
- Must have knowledge of and experience in leading worship
- Must have experience with designing worship experiences and working with students
- Ability to work with all levels of musicians
SPIRITUAL MATURITY LEVEL:
- Strong believer in Jesus Christ with a heart for worship
- Humility and a heart to serve
- Brings a non-anxious presence in a creative environment while maintaining productivity
- A strong sense of professionalism
This position is 20 hours per week and requires working on Sundays and occasional Saturdays.