Cross Roads Church
Associate Pastor Job Description
Cross Roads Church is looking for a motivated leader to serve as our full-time Associate Pastor. We are seeking a shepherd and leader who meets the following characteristics and qualifications while being able to perform the following skills. We are eager to welcome this person into our church family, to support and follow their leadership, and to worship and minister together for the advancement of the Kingdom of God. We're looking for someone to help take us to the next level!
- The Associate Pastor has a primary responsibility to partner with the church staff and ministry teams as we pursue the mission and vision that God has given us. This position will work in close partnership with our Lead Pastor.
- Lead and develop ministry strategies for both single and married adults in their twenties.
- Facilitate and equip our Deacon and Care Teams to provide nurture and spiritual care to our church family.
- Work with Lead Pastor in areas of key teaching responsibility (preaching, weddings, and funerals).
- Our Associate Pastor will demonstrate effectiveness in the above areas of responsibility.
- Personal & spiritual hospitality
- High energy level, energizer to others
- Team player with solid organizational skills
- High competency + Low ego
- Lifelong learner
- Builds trust through confidentiality
ESSENTIAL HABITS OF THE HEART:
- Lover of Christ
- Passion to develop fully committed disciples of Christ and reach the unchurched
- Commitment to live out the Great Commission
- A passion to teach God’s Word at an understandable level with high levels of real life application
- Theological agreement & shared convictions with the Brethren in Christ Denomination http://www.bic-church.org/
- Discipline to pursue ministerial license in the Brethren in Christ Church
- Personal holiness & integrity
- A deep desire to see new believers get connected with the church and take next steps in their spiritual journey
- Seminary trained, Master of Divinity
- Skilled at cross generational ministry
- Demonstrated work ethic and excellence in previous work/volunteer environments
- Skilled at mobilizing members and executing strategy
- Gifted communicator in oral, written and digital contexts
- Ability to interact with diverse people groups
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to think through critical issues and develop a plan of action (problem solving)
- Ability to assess priorities (time management)
1. Knowing the congregation
- The Associate Pastor will take an initiative in getting to know the church family. This will impact the Associate Pastor’s ability to shepherd in all other areas.
2. Teaching and preaching
- The Associate Pastor will provide teaching and leadership within the overall discipleship and teaching ministry of the church. This will include regular preaching on Sunday mornings and looking for opportunities to speak at other church related activities.
3. Leadership development
- The Associate Pastor will assist in leadership development and mentoring of lay leadership. This will include looking for and recruiting new leaders to actively serve in ministry. A strong commitment to developing and equipping people for ministry is essential to be a good fit for this ministry environment. Must have the ability to construct, excite, inspire and retain a highly responsive team of leaders to take ownership of overall ministry vision.
This summary is not comprehensive, but it is designed to give you a taste of what this position entails. If you would love to be part of a dynamic, innovative team, this position might be for you!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19
Elementary DirectorRiver Pointe Church
- Richmond, Texas
- October 19
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18