The Executive Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and in harmony with other staff members and ministry team leaders in fulfilling the church's vision and mission as established by the Senior Pastor, accepting the vital leadership
role initiating administrative and organizational support for a thriving ministry at NVCF. Will start at 35 hours per week, with benefits after 30 days.
The Executive Assistant will seek to use their personal gifts and technical skills for the benefit of the church by contributing to the Sr. Pastor's effectiveness and efficiency, serving him and other Pastors, as deemed necessary, in every way possible for
the carrying out of his leadership and pastoral duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide administrative support (i.e. scheduling, materials, communications, etc.) for Sr. Pastor and interface with other ministry leaders and staff as directed.
• Assist with ordering resource materials and other items (i.e. gift baskets, floral arrangements, etc.)
• Provide hospitality services for Sr. Pastor's scheduled meetings as requested.
• Oversee Resources Center (ordering supplies, production and communication with partners).
• Work with other support staff on specific projects including, but not limited to, coordination of partners, or other projects as needed based on the ministry needs of NVCF.
• Assist the Sr. Pastor in any other way as deemed necessary.
• Participate as a church staff team member in weekly devotions and other responsibilities as required.
Areas of responsibility and accountability may change occasionally, based upon the responsibilities and needs of the ministry.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
• Passionate celebration and ownership of the vision, mission, values and purposes of New Venture Christian Fellowship.
• Ability to work flexible and/or overtime hours if required to complete assigned tasks.
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor, servant's heart and "can-do" attitude.
Education and Skills required
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Minimum three years administrative experience.
• Preference given to candidates with church related experience
• Strong computer skills required; highly proficient in Adobe and Microsoft programs, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
• Working knowledge of technical equipment (i.e. smart phone, desk computer/printer, etc.)
• Type 60+ WPM.
• Grammatical and spelling accuracy.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and with attention to detail.
• Strong communication and writing skills.