Position: Pastor/Director of Communications
Reports to: Executive Pastor
- Leadership Team
- Tech Arts Director
- Graphic Designer
- Video Director
Position Focus: The role of the Communications Pastor/Director (CP) is to oversee the communications strategy of McKinney Church under the direction and leadership of the Executive Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of McKinney Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision and values. The CP will lead all components of communications and marketing to add inspiration, motivation and clarity to church messages.
The Vision: To develop Christ-centered people who make a difference, by helping them Connect with Christ, Transform in Community, and Engage their World.
General duties and responsibilities:
To support the Vision, Purpose, and Process of McKinney Church by leading all components of communications.
The CP will be responsible for the following:
- 1. Leading the Way Personally:
We believe effective leaders are taking people someplace they are willing to go. We expect that everyone on the staff team at McKinney models a personal commitment to Christ-centeredness on a daily basis. Secondarily, we expect our staff team to champion and support the mission and vision of McKinney personally.
- 2. Managing Two-Way Communication Flow:
Responsible for creating an environment that provides two-way communication between the congregation and church leadership. These objectives are accomplished by:
• Becoming a student of both McKinney Church and Fort Worth’s unique culture
• Staying in touch with congregation and leadership team simultaneously and conveying clear messages to both.
• Maximizing communication at McKinney that makes the message stick.
3. Oversight and Execution of Communications and Marketing:
The CP creates seamless messages that produce simple ways to connect with McKinney Church. The CP is responsible for creating and managing a communications strategy and system which ensures a consistent experience across multiple touch points:
D. Social Media
G. Worship Arts
H. Brand Management
I. Media Relations
- 4. Creative Content Development:
The CP will serve as a part of the creative planning team at McKinney. As such much show an ability to develop creative ideas to communicate a message within the services and other environments. The CP will need to show an ability to take a creative idea from concept to reality through both directing the staff team to execute the vision as well as an ability to create original content via video and graphic design as needed.
- 5. Staff Supervision and Development:
Provides leadership to the communications team. The CP will lead, evaluate and mentor existing communications and technology staff and volunteers and prioritize future staffing needs. The CP will be an effective recruiter and trainer of volunteers and teams to serve in the areas of communications, graphic design, and video.
- Creative – able to think out of the box and design communications that get the attention of the culture.
- Strategic – a gift to see the big picture and design systems that make all the pieces fit together.
- Loyal – believes in the vision and tenaciously communicates it.
- Organized – ability to spin multiple plates while managing time and meeting deadlines.
- Progressive – innate sense of where culture and technology is headed with the discernment of when to change.
- Practical – makes sure in the midst of creativity, art, and design, people get the message.
- Intuitive – can trust their gut and knows if something will work within the context of the culture.
- Communicator – can naturally translate concepts and communicate clear messages through art and words.
- Influencer – relationally connects and influences others to jump on board with new ideas.
- Good Eye – an inherent sense of what artistically works when directing graphic, web, and video design/production.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- College preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable competency in the following software:
- Significant experience (3 years +) in the area of organizational communications.
Please submit all resumes and portfolios to our Executive Pastor, Justin Atkins, at email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- January 11
Communications Directorthe Journey at First Baptist Orange City
- Orange City, Florida
- January 11
Video ProducerFellowship Bible Church
- Roswell, Georgia
- January 10
Chief Video EditorThe Watchman Show
- Washington, District of Columbia
- December 30