Average Hours Per Week:
The Creative Arts Director role is to function as the strategic point leader on the design and execution of all Crossroads weekend services and special events. This position must effectively lead, administrate and mobilize staff and volunteers into a team
that consistently provide creative, meaningful and emotionally evocative services across all Crossroads campuses. High attention to quality and detail is required. This person also will function as a part of the central team that gives input and oversight
to the whole organization of Crossroads.
The Creative Arts ministry will create worship environments and experiences that invite people to journey towards intimacy with God and give followers of Jesus a worship experience that will encourage them as they join in Jesus’ mission.
- Alignment with and support of the Crossroads Staff Expectations as outlined in Crossroads Employee Handbook.
To apply the non-negotiables of Crossroads throughout their ministry:
- Authenticity?- We believe we can’t be what God has called us to be if we pretend to be something we are not. Whether on Main Stage or in our homes, we need to be able to share our struggles and weaknesses
in a safe setting. We want to be real.
- Inviting?- Our first question has always been, how does this decision affect our friends and neighbors who don’t know Jesus? Whether we are talking about our lives or our weekend services, we want them to be
something that draws people to the love and truth of God, not something that repels them.
- Generous?- Christ followers should be the most giving people on the planet. Our desire is to bless others inside and outside the walls of our buildings as a response to God’s blessings in our lives.
- Transforming?- We don’t expect everyone who walks into Crossroads to be a committed Christ-follower, but we do expect those around our community to be growing closer to Jesus. We know it is God’s plan and desire
that through the work of his Spirit, we are continually becoming more like Jesus.
- Celebrating?- Christ followers should throw the best parties. We have the most to celebrate. The Bible is full of festivals and parties where God asked his followers to celebrate his goodness. We believe
that when we gather we should leave renewed and invigorated, not beaten down and discouraged.
- Empowering?- The Bible teaches us that we were all created for a God given purpose. Crossroads exists to help you live out the mission that God has placed in your heart. Instead of asking you to fulfill our
dreams, or build our organization, we believe it is our job to help you discern what God is calling you to do. And then, equip you to successfully accomplish that mission for which He created you.
- To lead and develop a high quality Creative/Programming Team that delivers an excellent weekend experience that is easily implemented by each campus. This includes leading brainstorming meetings to creatively develop the elements of the service that will
reinforce and support the message of the service.
- Drive the quality/creative/spiritual standards (DNA) for the content of weekend experiences across all campuses.
- Lead team development and activities and oversee care structure of the staff team and volunteers. Create a sense of “Family on Mission” within the Creative Arts Community
- Manage the Creative Arts budget.
- Provide Input and Direction as a Member of the Central Team
Core Competencies & Key Behaviors
- Advocate: An advocate supports, resources and promotes a person, group, community, cause or event.
- Catalytic Leader: A catalytic leader models servant leadership, empowers and positions others for growth and wins and actively builds a culture of Leadership Development.
- Creative Thinker: A creative thinker approaches a situation, problem or opportunity in new and innovative ways, takes a risk in implementing new approaches and fosters creativity among others.
- Evaluator: An evaluator objectively identifies the strengths and growth areas of an organization/ministry and provides constructive feedback.
- Innovator: An innovator fosters and initiates new ideas, methods and solutions.
- Standard-Bearer: A standard-bearer champions the Crossroads DNA, message, values and ministry approach, drives for healthy and effective ministry and lives a life of actively rediscovering God and inspires others to do the same.
- Performance Manager: A performance manager monitors performance, evaluates performance against goals and makes necessary adjustments to achieve goals.
- Visionary: A visionary develops, articulates and implements a vision that leads the organization toward the accomplishment of its mission.
- Team Builder: A team builder uses group skills and team building strategies to strengthen relationships among team members; improve motivation, communication, support and trust among team members; and inspire the team to maximize its potential and achieve
For more information about Crossroads Christian Church, please visit
This role description is meant to describe the general nature and level of responsibilities being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.