State College Assembly of God is looking for a youth pastor with experience in youth ministry and a willingness to learn and grow in other areas of ministry. The position includes oversight of all aspects of the youth ministry. The position is full time,
salaried with health benefits. Previous experience desired with leadership/administrative abilities. Must have, or be in the process of receiving, ministerial credential with the Assemblies of God.
Primary Responsibilities (but not limited to):
1. Oversee the mid-week youth worship service, including sound, lights, video, and music through
2. Create an environment that empowers volunteers and raises up new leaders to be a part of the youth
3. Write/oversee the annual budget for the youth department.
4. Provide pastoral oversight to the youth football program, Senior Bible Quiz, and Fine Arts.
5. During the week, invest in the lives of students by building relationships with them in the most effective
way possible (after-school activities, youth outings, one-to-one, etc.).
6. Schedule 8-10 social events per year for the youth ministry, which would include middle school-specific
7. Organize small groups for middle and high school students.
8. Meet with key volunteers on a regular basis.
9. Provide oversight to the hospitality team (Ushers, Greeters, Welcome Center).
10. Provide pastoral care to the congregation as well as to the individuals within your respective areas of
ministry (hospital visits, on-call rotation, etc.).