The American Church in Paris is seeking a dynamic, innovative, Christ-centered person with missional vision and motivation to join our staff full-time and lead our ministry to youth and young adults. You will work within a community of young people
from a diverse multicultural background, to present the gospel and nurture faith in junior and senior high youth (aged 11-18 years), and young adults (aged 18-30 years).
Our congregation is an interdenominational and international Christian community whose mission is to bear witness by word and deed to the love of God as revealed in Jesus Christ, to provide a place of English language worship in the American Protestant tradition,
and to engage in ministries and services that enrich the lives of residents and visitors in Paris. Around 700 people currently attend our three Sunday services.
Tracing our roots back to 1814, ACP was officially charted in 1857 as the first American church established outside of the United States. Today, it gives spiritual guidance, education, and a strong sense of community and belonging to a diverse population
in the heart of Paris.
The Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Adult Ministries will:
• Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ.
• Be passionate about youth and young adult ministry.
• Accept, understand and adhere to the Faith Statement of the American Church in Paris.
• Have demonstrated spiritual maturity, self-awareness and a commitment to growth in Christ-like character.
• Demonstrated experience developing spiritual growth in both short and long term relationships.
• Have a collaborative leadership style that works well in a multicultural situation and thrives in a context of change.
• Have the ability to communicate and explain God's word in a manner relevant to multicultural contexts and situations.
• Strong interpersonal, organisational, team and communication skills.• Demonstrate the ability to mentor and disciple leaders.
• The ability to set healthy boundaries in relationship to youth, and to communicate and uphold the boundaries of our child safety policies with volunteer leaders.
• Speak English as a first language, with French desired.
• Have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, and M.Div. degree from a school accredited by theAssociation of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada.
• Have relevant experience, preferably in a cross-cultural environment.
• Experience living or working abroad strongly recommended.
• Ordained or in the process of ordination for pastoral ministry.
Salary and conditions
Salary is commensurate with education and experience, but will be a minimum of EUR 30,000 per annum. A furnished 2 bedroom apartment and utilities are provided on site. Health care, pension, 25 working days vacation and other benefits are also part of the
The contract will initially be for 3 years, and is renewable.
How to complete your application
To apply for the position, please submit the following to: ACPsearchcommittee@gmail.com
1. Cover letter
2. Résumé of your educational and ministry experience
3. A one page statement of faith and/or useful links to your website or blog
4. Two letters of personal recommendation, and contact information for three referees
You can also contact us at:
Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Adult Ministries Search Committee
American Church in Paris
65, Quai d'Orsay
75007 Paris France
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 1 February 2015.
For more information, go to http://acparis.org/searchcom