The Communications Director at Des Moines First Assembly works directly with the Lead Pastor and the Chief Operating Officer in maintaining a high level of excellence in creativity, internal and external communications, appearance and communications of the
vision and values of the church. They should lead by example and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model
of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church.
- Four-year college degree
- 2-4 years experience in communications or marketing preferred
- Knowledge and expertise in print media, computer graphic and web design
- Be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Management and supervision skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work in a team based environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience in web content management systems and Wordpress blogging platforms preferred.