Northside Christian Church is looking for an energetic, engaging person in our pursuit to worship and glorify the name of Jesus. This ministry level position assists with Northside’s Pastoral Care Ministries to care for people who are struggling with hurts, habits, and hang-ups—leading people to have healthy relationships with Jesus Christ and with one another. This is a six-day workweek with one weekend off each month (Services are Saturday 4:00pm & 6:00pm / Sunday 9:00am & 11:00am). NCC is a growing community of believers with an average weekend attendance of over 5000 people. We are an independent Christian Church that is an Elder protected, Staff led fellowship in New Albany, Indiana
The Pastoral Care Associate works in coordination with the Pastoral Care Minister, and under the departmental leadership of the Pastor of Spiritual Formation. Ultimate accountability is to the Associate Pastor. The position works along side the Care Ministry & Outreach staff.
Specific Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following items):
- Assist with the development of all Care Ministries—counseling and referrals, Family Care assistance, support groups, hospital care, POC, and prayer team.
- Assist with pastoral counseling (see below).
- Coordinate the support group’s ministries—programs, curriculum, leaders, and resources.
- Help expand the Care Ministries by helping to recruit and train volunteers.
- Oversee S.M.I.L.E.S. ministry to single moms as staff liaison.
- Oversee Family Care assistance and its budget account.
- Assist with the Hospital Care ministry and POC program.
- Maintain good relationships with partnering referral agencies.
- Be available in a rotation to serve with Cross Team volunteers after weekend worship, and/or be on-call for pastoral counseling.
- Attend staff meetings and other events where the presence of ministry staff is requested.
- Counsel individuals or families within realm of expertise and training, and referring others either internally or to partnering clinics/agencies when needed.
- Work with local ministries/agencies in providing additional care, resources, or rehabilitation options.
- Oversee required billing and other payments involved with counseling referrals.
- Be knowledgeable of ethical and safe practices that minimize the church’s liability.
Explanation of Care Ministries:
- Cross Team – Worship attenders are invited to the Cross after each worship service, where volunteers are available for prayer and a listening ear.
- POC – Pastor On Call. While the Pastoral Care Minister & Associate are often the first points of contact for walk-ins and pastoral phone calls, other ministry staff rotates for assistance.
- Hospital Care – Ministers are scheduled in rotation for hospital visitation so that each Northside member or family member is visited on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Support Groups – Northside currently offers the following groups: Cancer Support, Choosing Wisely (Pre-Divorce), Divorce Care for Adults, Divorce Care for Kids, Grief Share, Reach-In (Special Needs Care), Ex-Offender Support, AA, NA, AL-ANON, ALATEEN, S.O.A.R. (Survivors of Abuse Restored).
- Family Care – Limited assistance is given to Northside members/attenders needing short-term benevolent relief. Our desire is to discover and address long-term solutions. Non-Northsiders are referred to partnering organizations.
- Minimum education level of a Bachelor’s degree from a Bible College preferred
Northside’s working environment revolves around three values:
Relational: Pursue and equip people.
Adaptable: The “need” leads.
Innovative: Make ministry happen in our context.
This is our holistic direction as Church leaders and lay leaders that we’re committed to living out in our daily lives. Expectations are everything and the Word leads us in this living.
• Gathering (weekend worship experience)
• Guarding (personal growth and protection of unity)
• Grouping (involved in group life)
• Giving (time, meaningful service, & faithful financially)
• Going (willing to share faith & invest well into others)
Interested candidates should submit:
Cover letter and resume (including references).
Provide a detailed explanation of your “Care” philosophy.
Share your life verses from the Bible, include why they have become part of your journey.
List your weaknesses in ministry, how you’ve realized them and allowed them to not hinder you.
Take the Strength Finders 2.0 test @ http://www.strengthsfinder.com (email your results)
Email your complete pacakge to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also submit by mail to:
Northside Christian Church
ATTN: Pastoral Care Associate
4407 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Prayer and CareFaith Lutheran Church
- Flower Mound, Texas
- January 10
Director of CounselingThe Church at Rancho Bernardo
- San Diego, California
- January 10
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- January 3
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- December 30
Pastor of Marriage & FamilyRed Mountain Community Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- December 26
Northside Christian Church
Northside started with a group of people who desired to follow Jesus and met in the basement of a house in 1970. What happened in the next 40 years can best be described by saying, “Only God.” Whether it's making an impact on the community, preaching the Gospel or moving locations to gather, the elders at Northside have always taken risks to follow God. That’s what it means to follow Jesus as a Church. And we can’t wait to see what Christ does in the next 40 years through His Church! To be His Church is an invitation of a lifetime and we More...