St Thomas United Methodist Church
Position Title: Director of Children and Youth Ministries
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Position: 40 hours a week with mandatory Sunday mornings
Salary: $50,000 annually
Education/Training: Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Christian Education, Theology or related fields with significant experience in working with children and youth. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills along with a strong Christian
faith and dedication to living a life worthy of Christ.
Background: The goal of the Children and Youth Ministry of St. Thomas UMC is to develop committed disciples of Jesus Christ. Besides a commitment to Christ, an appreciation of the Biblical faith as expressed through the United Methodist
Church, and a love for children and youth--enthusiasm, good time management skills, and leadership are essential in this position.
- Create vibrant, energetic Children and Youth programs that attract new children and youth and retain existing children, youth, and families.
- Teach Biblical and Doctrinal principles to STUMC children, youth, and families.
- Establish a robust set of qualified volunteers to assist with program implementation and growth.
General Job Description/Responsibilities:
- Select Curriculum for children and youth for Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Youth Group, Youth Bible Studies, and other programs.
- Oversee and help plan all children and youth programs throughout the year.
- Work with parents to meet the spiritual needs and growth of their children and youth.
- Supervise, recruit, train, and coordinate Children and Youth Ministry staff—both paid and volunteer.
- Communicate with families and the church as a whole the ongoing Children’s and Youth Ministries taking place through STUMC.
- Plan and oversee the annual budget of Children’s and Youth Ministries.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and work with other staff members as appropriate.
- Attend appropriate committee, planning, and Church Council meetings.
- Attend Continuing Education Events.