Worship Leader (Part-Time) for The Journey Church – Staten Island (The Church is 1 year old and growing)!
*This is a part-time position (15-20hrs a week based upon availability) and is perfect for someone who wants to be a part of something NEW and EXCITING. There is definite room for job growth and increased responsibility. This is the ideal position for someone
who lives in the New York Area, has another part-time position to supplement income or is a student looking to work part-time, and has a passion for the unchurched and unreached of New York City.
The Journey Church Staten Island is currently looking for a new team member in the position of Worship Leader! We are a
new church on Staten Island (Christian Church – www.JourneySI.com). The Journey Church has seen exciting growth over the past year and we are looking for someone who can takes us to the next level!
We are looking for a motivated worship leader to work with the Lead Pastor to develop a great Worship Arts Team.
If you’re a natural born leader with music experience and you would love to be a part of a dynamic, innovative team shaping the future of a fast growing church, then this position might be for you!
Staten Island is one of the 5 Boroughs of New York City and has a population of 1/2 Million People living on it with very few Christian Churches. Are you interested in helping a new church grow and reach this often forgotten part of New York City?
Are you passionate about raising up musicians and volunteer leaders, leading a proven music and worship planning system, and growing a music ministry in a multi-site setting?
Are you interested in developing and growing a healthy volunteer structure of musicians and singers?
Can you lead worship at a high level, and bring musical excellence to the stage, to worship planning, and to cultivating highly experienced musicians in Staten Island?
Do you have the passion to be a part of a brand new church plant and a desire to reach the unchurched?
This is an equipping position where you will have a great chance to grow, develop as a leader and make a huge impact for the Kingdom.
*To apply, please send a cover letter introducing yourself, your story of salvation, your call to ministry and worship and why you would be a good fit for the position in addition to your resume to
SKILLS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- The ability to manage grow a Music Team System
- Hard-working with a "whatever it takes" attitude
- A passion for the Bible and innovation, as well as worship and the arts
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched, specifically in NYC and Staten Island.
- A team player with solid organizational skills
- A high level understanding of music and music direction in a contemporary / rock context
- Must lead worship while playing an instrument (Guitar preferred)
- Strong Vocalist
- Can teach other vocalists vocal parts
- Can direct a talented group of musicians in a rock style band
- Ability to read and write music notation and chord charts a must
- Working knowledge of audio reinforcement and recording, video projection and lighting
- Working knowledge of musician production software
- Knowledge of how to create tracks a plus