POSITION TITLE: Children’s Director/Pastor
CHURCH: Stonebridge Church
LOCATION: Nixa, MO
SALARY RANGE: $25,000 per year (29 hours per week)
DENOMINATION: Southern Baptist
AVE ATTENDANCE: 70 kids weekly
Stonebridge is looking for Children’s Director/Pastor at small yet strong body of believers, that loves children and families. Believing that they are to engage the culture that surrounds them, this church uses relevant teaching, creativity, and technology
to relevantly present the timeless message of Christ and their active part in sharing the gospel.
Located in one of the fastest growing suburbs of Springfield MO, Stonebridge is seeing God do amazing things as they follow His lead. With a modern worship style, one Sunday service and Wednesday activities, the church has made a major commitment to future
generations and family ministry over the last four years, which is evidenced in a recent remodel of their kids area.
An experienced, successful leader who loves challenge and the constant activity and busy-ness of children will be at home in this environment that involves around 75+ children and 50+ volunteers. The ministry enjoys the use of a newly remodeled wing with
excellent nursery rooms, a large worship space for our “Sprouts” Pre-K & Kindergarten and a large worship space for our “BRIDGEKIDS” 1st - 5th graders.
And, when you get right down to it, the candidate who is a fit for this position already knows the duties and demands of a vibrant children’s ministry, is running a thriving program now and is excited about the challenge of doing it again.
Nixa is a city in Christian County, Missouri. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 19,022 as it is part of the Springfield, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area. Springfield is the third largest city in the state of Missouri and the county seat
of Greene County. According to the 2010 census data, the population was 159,498, an increase of 5.2% since the 2000 census. The Springfield Metropolitan Area has a population of 436,712 and includes the counties of Christian, Dallas, Greene, Polk and Webster.
Springfield's nickname is the Queen City of the Ozarks and is known as the Birthplace of Route 66 as well as the home of several universities including Missouri State University, Drury University, and Evangel University.
- Provide effective leadership and oversight of the Kids Ministry for nursery through 5th grade
- Ensure effective Bible teaching, worship experiences and application so that children begin and grow in a relationship with Jesus
- Articulate vision for Kids Ministry in alignment with overall vision of the church
- Prepare and execute high level of worship experience for Sundays and Wednesdays with a team of volunteers
- Train, lead, mentor, and equip volunteers and ministry leaders
- Partner with parents to encourage, support and nurture their needs, to facilitate spiritual growth of their children, and to foster their enthusiastic support of the ministry
- Develop, lead, and oversee special events programming including kids’ camp, programs, and other activities throughout the year
- Administer the annual budget and make financial decisions, being a good steward of funds
- Report to the Lead Pastor
- A life that demonstrates that you are a passionate follower/disciple of Jesus
- Previous leadership or volunteer leadership role a thriving Children’s Ministry
- Strong leader who engages, equips and inspires others to become leaders
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter who does not need to be micro-managed
- Thrives in a team environment—volunteers and peers--and can effectively prevent/resolve conflict
- Believes in fighting for families, parents and God-centered homes
- Experience in researching curriculum and/or writing creative themes for worship experience
- Basic knowledge of technology including audio and video components
- Full of energy, enthusiasm, and loves being ‘silly’ with the kids