The Campus Pastor is directly responsible to the Lead Pastor and serves the vision of the Lead Pastor for the Church.
The key characteristics of a Campus Pastor:
- Passionate for ministry location.
- Gifted communicator able to inspire people.
- Strong leader able to raise up leaders.
- Servant willing to do the mundane and the highly visible.
- Energetic and fun to be around.
- Team player.
- Willing to hard work, pray hard and play hard.
- Faith-sharing machine – intentionally engaging people.
Our assumption is that our Campus Pastor spend personal time in prayer & Bible study. Plus living a life of character and integrity. We also expect our staff to tithe (it is a basic spiritual discipline). If we can’t master the basic disciplines of spirituality
we will never be able to lead a campus.
- Pastor the local congregation
- Identify, recruit and develop key ministry leaders
- Growth Groups
- Connect Groups
- Lead the weekend services
- Imbed The Point Church DNA at the local campus
- Manage campus budget
- Lead volunteer staff
- Serve the vision of the Lead Pastor
- Creative / Visionary
- Team builder
- Ability to develop leaders (Demonstrated through small group leadership)
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial work ethic
- Ability to lead from the 2nd chair
- Genuine love for people
- Good public communicator
- Student of church growth / leadership / theology
- Servant Leader
- Focused / Administrative
- The ability to lead worship.
- Develop our campus worship leaders.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS
- Key campus indicators
Growth/Connect Groups participation
- Community Transformation
- Individual goals (completed prior to start date)
- Semi annual self evaluation
- Semi annual performance evaluation
- Compliance to policies and procedures
Please send the following:
- Sample Video Teaching