Pastor of Family Ministries
Arundel Christian Church, Glen Burnie, MD
The Pastor of Family Ministries is the advocate for the generations of the church and will oversee the structures and atmosphere of the church to ensure that the family of God is working together to make disciples of the next generation. This person is first an advocate for the young (children, youth and early adults) because these are the people who are least knowledgeable and least experienced in the Christian life. This person is next an advocate for the parent of these young people because they are in the greatest position to influence the young.
The Pastor of Family Ministries will work to create an energetic environment that fulfills the mission of Arundel Christian Church – Love God, Love People, Serve our Community by leading people to live out our five strategies:
- Worship – Loving God
- Connect – Creating Spiritual Family
- Grow – Chasing Spiritual Maturity
- Serve – Bearing Each Other’s Burdens
- Give – As You Have Been Blessed
The Pastor of Family Ministries will oversee the discipleship systems from cradle to college and to their parents. The Pastor will work closely with the Family Ministry Team Leaders and Members to ensure that parents are prepared to lead their children and that young people have spiritual mentors when their parent cannot be the model.
- Provide vision, strategy, & development for all of Family Ministry’s.
- Provide leadership, direction, training and recruitment for all Children’s, Youth, and Young Adult ministry staff & Lay leaders.
- Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic children and youth learning environments.
- Coordinate with Lead Pastor and attend all program staff meetings to maintain a program that is in keeping with the overall mission and vision of the church.
- Develops and implements a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement.
- Preaching as necessary under direction of Lead Pastor.
- Coordinate with the Lead Pastor and other ministry teams to ensure that there are opportunities for all generations to worship, learn and serve together.
- Build relationships with the local community and public schools to reach surrounding children and youth in local neighborhood.
- Function as a member of the pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for family ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Christ-centered: gives their best to serve others; exhibits humility, compassion and forgiveness; models Christian discipleship through the regular practice of spiritual disciplines.
- Entrepreneurial: thrives in a creative outside the box environment; is not afraid to learn from failure and adapt to new models; has successfully taken a vision from design to implementation.
- Servant Leadership: generates enthusiasm in others; celebrates others’ success; delegates routine and important tasks, decisions, responsibilities and accountability; maintains strict confidentiality.
- Communicator: excellent written and verbal skills; adept in the use of social media tools; responds to communications in a timely fashion.
- Responsible and self-motivated: Able to organize and manage the work load and schedule; has a proven record of being punctual and prepared.
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Family Ministry or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess the passion and gifts required to develop and improve creative use of the arts, and have the ability to administrate as a department head.
There must be an emphasis in the following key areas:
- Passion to reach into secular groups and organizations to make a difference
- Proven understanding how to develop people to become mature disciples of Jesus Christ
- Ability to deliver God’s Word creatively
- Development of Ministry Team Members by creating opportunities for Biblical community through spiritual formation, shepherding, and leadership.
- Strategic and visionary thinking
Organization and Relationships
The Pastor of Family Ministries will report directly to the Executive Pastor at Arundel Christian Church. This position will collaborate with the Lead Pastor. Team interaction, dynamics and culture are a critical part of who we are.
If you feel like we just described you and you meet the requirements listed in the job description above, please email your cover letter, resume along with personal references and links to any of your audio and/or sermons to Beth Ferrer at email@example.com
Only resumes accompanied with a cover letter will be considered.
Include in your cover letter for this position answers to the following questions:
- What are your personal disciplines for spending time in the Word and in prayer?
- Name some situations in which a leader may fail. Tell us about a time when you failed as a leader.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Strong benefits package.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Family PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- October 20
Youth/Creative MinisterBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Family PastorEssential Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- October 18
Family PastorHarvest Bible Chapel
- Rockford, Illinois
- October 18