- The primary purpose of the Student Minister is to help Middle School and High School students “Love God, Love People & Serve the World” through worship, Biblical instruction, fellowship, and service.
Personal Traits Required:
- Growing relationship with Christ – demonstrable through reliance on the Holy Spirit, personal Bible study and adherence to spiritual disciplines
- Authenticity, humility and transparency
- Man of conviction
- Resonant joy
- Historical reputation of integrity
- Connection with the youth of the congregation and community – a high “cool factor” as recognized by students.
- Ability to love and relate to students
- Ability to love and relate to parents – regardless of parenting & schooling choices
- Well-developed ability to teach the Word at the level where students live
- Organized and able to administrate programs, excel at communication, and oversee logistics.
Duties Not Limited to the Following:
- Teach the Word of God in a culturally relevant and stimulating way including spending adequate time in preparation and ensure that all activities are aligned with the Word of God and the mission of the church.
- Spiritually shepherd and administer the entire youth program including recruitment and deployment of lay adult leaders, planning of activities relevant to students and the mission of the church, oversight of the two middle school and combined high school Sunday school classes, including the selection of curriculum and selection of teachers for all classes, and the identification and training of student leaders.
- Champion the needs of youth into the mainstream of Church programming and stay current and relevant with cultural changes and opportunities.
- Care for the spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being of the students through counsel, support, and help.
- Use technology to encourage students’ faith and tap into their creativity for kingdom-building purposes. A working knowledge of the current social media, phone apps, projection software, and other software is necessary.
- Lead worship with students or organize others to lead worship.
- Church Size: 750-1000
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Reports to: Senior Minister
- Position Status: Full time, 40 hours/week
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Desired Student Minister Candidate Profile Basic Criteria:
- Gender: Male
- Biblical Education: Bachelors degree
- Age: college graduate – age 35
- Experience: Previous Student Minister / minister experience required, 5+ years
Spiritual Criteria: A Man of God
- Gifts – teaching, discipleship, discernment, wisdom, encouragement, compassion
- Exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit
- Qualified as an Elder as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Consistent prayer and devotional life
- Bold visionary with ability to achieve the vision
- Solid Bible knowledge
- Proven skills at leading students and adults
- Openness to opposing views/conflicting views
- Excellent teaching skills with ability to utilize multiple techniques
- Able to study well and handle the Word
- Practical teacher in the context of youth culture
- Demonstrated passion for youth and their spiritual growth
- Excellent at building relationships with teens
- Bold about the truth, yet merciful in application
- Corrects with compassion and wisdom
- Liaison with and accessible to both parents and students
- Able to apply the Word to lives of students
- Good organizational skills
- Able to recruit and train volunteers – leadership development
- Able to delegate as needed
- Fits well with our current staff
- Able to take direction from the Senior Minister and Associate Ministers
The successful candidate will preferably have led in a student ministry capacity for five years. He will understand the need to maintain personal relationships with students, staff, and volunteers while also having a strategic vision for growing the Youth Ministry. He will display a significant amount of growth potential, and will be balanced in the areas of strategic and relational abilities. He will be able to cast vision and direction, as well as lead the way, while remaining strongly relational in order to cultivate and build relationships with volunteers and staff.
The Vision of First Christian Church
Leading People Closer to Jesus Christ: At First Christian, we agree that the local church is the hope of the world. The church may be the only organization that exists for people who aren’t members yet. And for those who are members — Christ-followers — we must continue to grow closer to Jesus — closer in our walk with Him, and closer in our imitation of Him. All of this adds up to one simple statement that everyone in our church knows:
LOVE GOD, LOVE PEOPLE, SERVE THE WORLD
That’s how we accomplish the vision. We love our Heavenly Father and worship Him alone; we build authentic, loving relationships; we use our time and talents to reach out to the world and grow God’s family.
This is why we exist.
Learn more about our church at www.fccetown.com
Interested? Please send a resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate Pastor of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
First Christian Church, Elizabethtown
VISION: LEADING PEOPLE CLOSER TO JESUS. At First Christian, we agree that the local church is the hope of the world. The church may be the only organization that exists for people who aren't members yet. And for those who are members -- Christ-followers -- we must continue to grow closer to Jesus -- closer in our walk with Him, and closer in our imitation of Him. All of this adds up to one simple statement that everyone in our church knows. LEAD PEOPLE CLOSER TO JESUS. It is our mission statement; it is our single purpose; it is our long-and-sh More...