The Worship Pastor that The Bridge Church desires will have 2 primary responsibilities and must have the heart of a pastor.
He will be the primary leader of the worship and technical teams. He will be responsible for the spiritual health and musical development of the teams within his care. As a leader, the Worship Pastor will develop, implement, direct, and promote a Worship
Ministry that glorifies God and is musically appealing. He will serve as the primary worship leader for Sunday worship services and other services as appropriate.
The other primary responsibility will be to shepherd and oversee community groups and its leaders. He will guide a group of established leaders and develop ways that encourage participation in community groups for those not involved.
Half of your time will be split between each role.
SPECIFIC LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, oversee, and evaluate all components of the Worship Ministry.
- Establish goals and objectives for this ministry and initiate strategies to fulfill them.
- Work in coordination with the overall vision frame of The Bridge Church.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor to ensure continuity of worship services.
- Supervise the enlistment, education, and evaluation of all servant leaders in the Worship Ministry, which includes, vocalists, praise bands, and technical support teams.
- Provide training to the Worship Ministry servant leaders in keeping with the principles taught in Ephesians 4:11-12.
- Responsible for recruiting and training worship team personnel and providing continual feedback for musical and spiritual growth
- Proactively seek and develop the next generation of worship leaders, singers, and musicians
- The same principles from above must be applied to the leading of community groups as well.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and three to five years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ideal candidates would have taken part and led in worship and community groups having a history of raising up and training others to do the same.
Role Model in Personal Life:
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
Important skills/personal traits
- Have the ability to communicate, lead and engage with the congregation from a stage setting.
- Web page design and management
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently, while also being able to function cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of The Bridge Church.