We are seeking and praying for someone with two distinct leadings in your life:
1) God has been given you a passion and gifts to minister in the lives of children;
2) God has called you to serve in a growing Chinese American church.
First Evangelical Church of Diamond Bar is a cell-based church with average Sunday attendance of 250 Chinese speaking adults, 60 English speaking adults and youth, and 50 children.
You will lead in the development, coordination, oversight, evaluation and recruitment in all areas of children’s ministry. Our Children’s Ministry consists of students from pre-school through 5th grade. Currently, we have about 50 students.
Your expected time commitment is 40 hours per week including 4 hours (9am – 1:00pm) of leading children’s ministry program on Sunday worship.
- Establish a vision for future growth for the Children’s Ministry. Set goals and objectives.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the children’s ministry to create exciting learning environments for children.
- Support and partner with parents in the spiritual formation of their children.
- Ensure sound and relevant curriculum is selected and used that teaches Biblical principles and truths appropriate for the various developmental levels within the ministry purview.
- Give direction to and oversee the Children Ministry in accordance with Senior Pastor’s vision and direction for the whole church.
- Provide shepherding and equipping for leaders and volunteer in Children Ministry; Lead and supervise children workers and leaders in developing and executing strategic action-plans to inspire and mobilize all children (ages up to 12) at church
- Recruit, screen and train children workers and leaders who will touch children’s lives with God’s love, teach them God’s Word and provide fellowship with God’s people-laying a foundation that will keep children interested in the things of God and involved
- Work with children workers and leaders to plan weekly programs and participate as needed.
- Facilitate the transition of children into the junior high ministry as they graduate from elementary school.
Adhere to the Bylaws, policies and procedures of the Church as set by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for the promotion and advancement of the spiritual welfare of the church and the Children Ministry.
- Responsible for all other matters delegated to him/her from time to time by the Senior Pastor.
Qualities and Qualifications:
- Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, demonstrating Christian maturity and a deep and prayerful dependence upon God.
- Has a passion for working with children and helping them grow in their relationship with God.
- Degree in Education or related/relevant field is desired.
- 2 years of Professional or volunteer experience in church ministry to children, and knowledge of childhood development.
- Successful experience building teams and recruiting volunteers.
- Strong leadership, creative teaching approaches, excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to foster teamwork in a positive atmosphere with both staff and volunteers.
- High level of energy, creativity, relevancy and capacity to learn and grow.
- Fluent in English.
Share the church’s vision and mission, philosophy of ministry, core values, and statement of faith.