Job Description: Children’s Ministries Director
Department: Children’s Ministries
Location: Grace Community Church, Great Bend, KS
Job Title: Children’s Ministries Director
Reports to: Student Ministries Pastor
Grace Community Church is seeking a creative, energetic, and focused full-time Children’s Ministries Director to lead the ministry to children (birth-5th grade) and their parents. We are looking for a Director who can strengthen our existing ministry, create a strategy for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry at Grace Community Church, and provide vision for how we can better reach young families of our community. On an ongoing basis, the Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for Sunday school (birth-5th grade), Awana, VBS, the nursery, and children’s church.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Passion for children’s ministry and seeing children grow in the faith.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Grace Community Church.
- Willing to lead under the authority of the pastors and elders.
- Proven expertise in administration.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter.
- Excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with coworkers and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership to the Children’s Ministries (CM) team.
- Help develop and implement the vision for children’s ministries in collaboration with the elders.
- Provide strategic leadership and planning initiatives for CM leaders.
- Set direction and trains CM staff and volunteers.
- Recruit, coach, assist, observe, critique, and encourage CM volunteers
- Responsible for CM budget and financial oversight.
- Organize and maintains a resource system.
- Plan and execute special outreach/fellowship events: Fall, Summer, Christmas, etc.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum which is biblically based, theological sound, and teacher friendly.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed.
- Responsible for all staffing of CM (including training).
- Manage communications between ministries that interact with CM.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for CM
- Oversee and implement all programming for CM (primarily for Sunday School, Nursery-5th).
- Coordinate family events for CM parents and families.
- Update and enforce policies and procedures in compliance with State & insurance requirements
- Promote and maintain ministry presentation excellence, including: décor, cleanliness, order, media, safety, and signage.
This description is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, preferably in children’s ministry or related field
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16
Director of Music MinistriesVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- January 16
Events Project ManagerFreedom House Church
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- January 14
St. Mark's Lutheran Church - Director of High School Ministries/Worship LeaderVanderbloemen Search Group
- Cedar Rapids/Marion, Iowa
- January 13