Grace Fellowship Church Ashton
Lead Pastor Profile
The lead pastor at Grace Fellowship Church Ashton will be a key in growing our ministry today and for many years to come. His primary objectives will be:
- To teach, train and equip the church body for ministry using the Bible as the ultimate authority
- To be missions-minded; locally, statewide, nationally and internationally
- To embrace our God-given vision and provide the leadership and direction to implement and see it accomplished
- To have a commitment to Cooperative Church Planting.
Accountable to: Executive Board of Pastors and Deacons
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
He is responsible to lead the church to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to rightly divide and to teach Biblical truth, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life, and to act as the chief administrator of the paid staff.
- Plan and conduct the worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances (Baptism & Communion)
- Teach with proficiency and theological depth without compromising the Word
- Through obedience to the scriptures, model a Christ-like life that is surrendered to preaching and teaching God’s Word
- Be a shepherd who leads, guides, and protects the church body
- Conduct counseling sessions, visit members and prospects, perform wedding ceremonies, conduct funerals
- Lead by example through Biblical servanthood
- Have a passion to develop church members into leaders and release them to do the ministry
- Work with Executive Board of Pastors, deacons, church officers, and ministry team leaders as they perform their assigned responsibilities; train and lead the deacons in a program of family ministries
- Act as moderator of church business meetings
- Operate in accordance with an annual ministry plan (clear goals/programs/ calendar/budget)
- Create clear performance measures for all reporting staff and provide annual feedback on personal, professional and ministry development
- Cooperate with associational and state leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of developments and represent the church in civic matters
- Fully surrendered to the Lordship of Jesus Christ
- Puts God first through daily Bible study and prayer
- Has a humble, teachable spirit
- Delights in obedience to God
- Puts family second only to God
- Leads family well
- Demonstrates a life of genuine compassion through outreach and building relationships
- Has a biblical worldview
- Places a high priority on fulfilling the Great Commission with a focus on outreach and evangelism
- Is pro-Israel: God’s chosen people
Our Mission Statement
To help unsaved and unchurched people become fully surrendered followers of Christ. (Our mission is to help as many people as possible come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, make a commitment to follow Him throughout their life, and to deny themselves and surrender every area of their life to Him on a daily basis.)
Our Vision: Increase the Impact!
- Make Disciples - At G.F.C. we MAKE Disciples of Jesus Christ. As followers of Jesus Christ we are commissioned by Christ to reach the lost and dying in our local communities and surrounding areas with the Gospel. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Mature Disciples - At G.F.C. we MATURE Disciples of Jesus Christ. As Disciples of Jesus Christ we must grow in the knowledge of Christ (2 Peter 3:18), so that we can be fruitful and walk in a manner worthy of Him. (Colossians 1:9-10)
- Mobilize Disciples - At G.F.C. we MOBILIZE Disciples of Jesus Christ. As Maturing Disciples of Jesus Christ we have been gifted through the Holy Spirit to ministry (Romans 12:1-6a) for the edification and growth of the local church (Ephesians 4:11-12) so that we can fulfill the purpose and mission of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Luke 19:10)
- Multiply Disciples - At G.F.C. we MULTIPLY Disciples of Jesus Christ. As Mobilized Disciples of Jesus Christ we have been empowered through the Holy Spirit to take the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ into our community, state, nation, and world, so that we become a church that is not only multiplying disciples locally, but to the ends of the earth as well. (John 17:18; Acts 1:8; 2 Timothy 2:2)
Grace Fellowship Church (GFC) Culture
At Grace Fellowship we think church should be a place where you can walk through the doors and feel like you’ve come home. We are a non-denominational, multi-campus church, in cooperation with the Southern Baptist Convention. Our campuses are located in small rural communities. Our motto is “Come As You Are” and we welcome individuals from all walks of life.
We have a contemporary worship style, singing relevant, God-focused songs. At GFC, God’s Word is taught in a practical, easy to apply way. We have multiple ministries that serve on Sunday mornings to assist in the overall success of the worship service.
We have Small Group Bible studies (Grow Groups) that assist in the spiritual development and overall unity of the Church body and Ministry teams (Dream Teams) that assist in the overall ministry of the church body and the advancement of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. At GFC we believe the true meaning of church is more than just “doing church”. It is meeting people where they are and living life together which includes planting churches where no other Gospel preaching churches are located.
Over the years, God has faithfully led Grace Fellowship Church (GFC) through peaks and valleys to become the church we are today. We are confident of God’s leading and directing as we hire a new Lead Pastor for GFC Ashton to seek and follow God’s vision for GFC until Christ returns.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorMeriden Evangelical Free Church
- Meriden, Iowa
- December 8
Ravi Zacharias Ministry International - Director of MarketingChurchology Staffing
- Norcross, Georgia
- December 7
Executive PastorChurch at Viera
- Melbourne, Florida
- December 7
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Magnolia, Texas
- December 6
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6